Looking for advice on what's wrong

WhiteBeard420

420 Member
Hey everyone,

Ok from day one I had some stunted growth which I narrowed down too slow growing roots . I hit the little ones with some bio-root and they seemed to blow up.

Everything seemed good until my holidays a few weeks back. I got some family to just add ph adjusted water to play safe and when I got back I noticed a few leaves looking unhealthy. I was looking for some advice on what it could be.

White white strain

8 weeks into veg, they are roughly a foot tall in height ( I can't figure out the slow growth ) They are also from seed

using flora-series with cal-mag nuts

Fox-farm soil

ph usually around 5.8 with runoff around 5.6

Attachments

• 20190130_190718.jpg
    20190130_190718.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190130_190815.jpg
    20190130_190815.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190130_190828.jpg
    20190130_190828.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 42
I couldn't add them all so I threw them in as a reply.

Also I noitced some of the healthy leaves have the edges of the leaves curling up.

Attachments

• 20190130_190914.jpg
    20190130_190914.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190130_190932.jpg
    20190130_190932.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190130_191010.jpg
    20190130_191010.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 51
What light and how high

Water pH for soul should be 6.2-6.8 ish, sweet spot around 6.2

How much nutes ya feeding, stay at half strength except calmag, full on it

I'd flush it since yer pH has been so low, then get pH right and see how she does

One leaf looks like it was sitting in soil too long maybe.
Magnesium def I think. Later signs but not very late. Are you ph checking your water? If ph is too low it washes mag out of the mixture.

I've been researching on it tonight becuase I think I'm seeing early signs on one of my plants

Hey everyone,

Ok from day one I had some stunted growth which I narrowed down too slow growing roots . I hit the little ones with some bio-root and they seemed to blow up.

Everything seemed good until my holidays a few weeks back. I got some family to just add ph adjusted water to play safe and when I got back I noticed a few leaves looking unhealthy. I was looking for some advice on what it could be.

White white strain

8 weeks into veg, they are roughly a foot tall in height ( I can't figure out the slow growth ) They are also from seed

using flora-series with cal-mag nuts

Fox-farm soil

ph usually around 5.8 with runoff around 5.6
What FF soil?? And that PH is way too low for any FF soil o_O PH @ 6.3 and you'll be good :popcorn:

What light and how high

Water pH for soul should be 6.2-6.8 ish, sweet spot around 6.2

How much nutes ya feeding, stay at half strength except calmag, full on it

I'd flush it since yer pH has been so low, then get pH right and see how she does

Two 1000 watt Led lights

doing 10 ml of micro 10 ml of gro and 5 ml of bloom I forget off the top of my head how much the cal-mag is.

OK Ill try that for sure !
One leaf looks like it was sitting in soil too long maybe.
Magnesium def I think. Later signs but not very late. Are you ph checking your water? If ph is too low it washes mag out of the mixture.

I've been researching on it tonight becuase I think I'm seeing early signs on one of my plants

Yes I was testing the ph after adding nuts and it was 5.8 roughly everytime. Chris mentioned I should be 6.2ph as mine is low.

What FF soil?? And that PH is way too low for any FF soil o_O PH @ 6.3 and you'll be good :popcorn:

fox farm forest in two pots and fox farm happy frog for the other three.

So Chris mentioned to flush them and readjust ph too 6.2 and you said 6.3 so I"ll give that a try !

Thanks everyone !

fox farm forest in two pots and fox farm happy frog for the other three.
So Chris mentioned to flush them and readjust ph too 6.2 and you said 6.3 so I"ll give that a try !
Thanks everyone !
You said you've had this problem from day 1...FFOF and FFHF are a little too hot for seedlings...this IMO is where your problems began...I use Jiffy seed starter organic soil mix with no nutrients in it (it's cheap and mixes well with my FFHF, when the time is right) .....
Day 25 in no nute soil...White Widow (reg seeds)
The 1 in the middle started like yours in hot soil, and are 2 weeks older than my 2...but it's getting better 005.jpg

Again

Go half strength nutes, not full strength

How far above plants are yer lights

Yes 6.2-6.3 is perfect

between 20inches and 22inches and I flushed today with 6.3 so I'll see what happens over the next week or so !
You said you've had this problem from day 1...FFOF and FFHF are a little too hot for seedlings...this IMO is where your problems began...I use Jiffy seed starter organic soil mix with no nutrients in it (it's cheap and mixes well with my FFHF, when the time is right) .....
Day 25 in no nute soil...White Widow (reg seeds)
The 1 in the middle started like yours in hot soil, and are 2 weeks older than my 2...but it's getting better 005.jpg
What do you mean by hot ? heavy on the fertilizer ? Also I'll keep the jiffy seed in mind for next time !
If they were mine I would water them with 1/4 strength nutes, full on calmag and ph @6.5 until a bit of run off (250-500ml?)
I personally don't know the ins n outs of that soil other than I always read it's hot stuff...
Just one mans 2 pennies!

I'll keep this in mind as well ! thanks for the reply !

What do you mean by hot ? heavy on the fertilizer ? Also I'll keep the jiffy seed in mind for next time !
Yes I mean the fertilizer/nutrients...the little round leaves (cotyledons) are feeding them, and until they turn yellow, that baby has all the food it will need for the first 3 weeks or so...just mist lightly with water is all they need :peace: and :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom