Looking for sleepy without the high

Galoolie

I'm 55 male with insomnia looking for a strain to grow legally that won't f me up so much - just want help sleeping. With 80 + cannabanoids, is there something out there low in THC that can do the job? I'm a total noob but used to smoke Mexican dirt weed in the 70's. BTW, I am ingesting, not smoking.
Thank you everyone!

You must have an Indica strain like HOG. Try that and see if it helps you sleep. Do not use sativa or sativa/indica strains. Hope this helps.

Galoolie....I realize that different meds work differently for different people....clear as mud right? But I've found some Grape Ape and make capsules with it. I don't really feel the buzz that comes from other strains, I just drift off to sleep! I wait and wait for that familiar buzz to come on...sometimes putting me in 'couch lock', but Grape Ape doesn't do that to me at all! Hope this helps! There is another strain that works similar...it's Blackberry Kush. Good luck!:circle-of-love:

Hi guys!
As per the capsule idea. Is that dried cured bud inside?
Have heard of oil use in capsule too.
20131225_205346.jpg
20131225_205346.jpg

I make capsules and they work great. I use mostly indica and it works very well. I don't add any type of oil or wax or anything else, just good old bud! I grind mine in a coffee grinder, decarb in the oven, and cap it up! Works every time!!!

Wicked buzzy!
I will locate a bigbud for said purpose.
Would you please explain the decarbolization process?
What is that function?

Wicked buzzy!
I will locate a bigbud for said purpose.
Would you please explain the decarbolization process?
What is that function?

Hey canadarolls! People freak a bit when I tell them my process...everyone says it's 'too hot' but I got the instructions on decarbing from a lab here in my state. If you think about when you smoke the mmj, you are 'burning' the j. It gets hot and releases the active ingredients in your mmj. That's exactly what you are doing when you decarb! You are 'activating' the THC and other components of mmj. I use a GLASS panI to decarb. Metal will sometimes make it smoke! I set the oven to 300 degrees. Grind your bud, place it in the glass pan, and be sure you have a timer for the oven process. You don't want to go any longer than 15 minutes! I do different amounts each time, but the time and temp are always the same! 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Then take the decarbed bud out of the pan IMMEDIATELY (I've found if I leave it in the pan, it will stick from the active THC). You want to cool it off so it doesn't continue to 'cook'. Taking the decarbed bud from the pan immediately stops the cooking/decarb process. Cap it up and you are good to go! I use the Cap.M.Quick capsule filler and I can usually get 50+ caps from a quarter oz. Hope this helps!

Well I certainly wont freak lol !
So your actually increasing the available thc to the body yes?
Without decarb you would keep the cbd's higher?
Horribly curious now:)

Well I certainly wont freak lol !
So your actually increasing the available thc to the body yes?
Without decarb you would keep the cbd's higher?
Horribly curious now:)

If you don't decarb you may as well eat grass clippings from under your mower! It really doesn't help much without the decarb process to activate all of the ingredients in the mmj. Nothing is lost, rather made much more potent! It releases the CBD's, CBN, THC, all of the good stuff! Without the decarb process, you haven't activated anything! You will be wasting your bud. Some folks claim they get a buzz off just raw bud, but trust me, if they ever tried it decarbed, they would be flying! It lasts MUCH longer than smoking and the intensity is about 5 times stronger than smoking. I've been through so many pain meds, sleeping pills, etc. that just don't work anymore. This process puts me out every single time! Pain is gone and I can sleep like a baby!

If you don't decarb you may as well eat grass clippings from under your mower! It really doesn't help much without the decarb process to activate all of the ingredients in the mmj. Nothing is lost, rather made much more potent! It releases the CBD's, CBN, THC, all of the good stuff! Without the decarb process, you haven't activated anything! You will be wasting your bud. Some folks claim they get a buzz off just raw bud, but trust me, if they ever tried it decarbed, they would be flying! It lasts MUCH longer than smoking and the intensity is about 5 times stronger than smoking. I've been through so many pain meds, sleeping pills, etc. that just don't work anymore. This process puts me out every single time! Pain is gone and I can sleep like a baby!

I wanted to include a side note here....when you smoke, you get the 'instant' cerebral high....when taking caps, it takes a while for them to kick in. It may take up to an hour, everyone's body metabolizes at a different rate. When I first started using caps, I thought they weren't working. So I would take a couple more. Then the first ones kicked in and I was concerned that I had taken too many! So, steady as she goes! Pretty much the same as any med taken....they take a bit to kick in. If you try my method, please let me know how you like it? I've tried many decarb methods and this is the only one, and the EASIEST one that I've come up with! No messy oils or waxes to mess with and they never really helped other than making a huge mess! Peace!

Now I do remember placing half gram bud into a chicken breast and slow cooking it for 8 hours..
I was sooo baked !
Your method I will certainly try buzz.
Thank you for sharing that.

If you decarb then smoke as usual how would the effects be?

Now I do remember placing half gram bud into a chicken breast and slow cooking it for 8 hours..
I was sooo baked !

You can't smoke what you have decarbed. You won't get anything from it. Sounds weird I know. But sometimes, I have smoked regular weed after taking the caps. No problem! You will get the immediate effects while waiting for the caps to kick in! Once they kick in, I doubt you will want to smoke more...or be able to! Haha!

I was sooo baked !

If you try to smoke the decarbed stuff, you won't get anything from it. It's already activated. I have smoked some regular weed while waiting for the caps to kick in with no problem. A quick smoke to get you to where you want to be and the caps will take it from there! Doubt that once the caps kick in you will want to smoke any more....or be able to! Haha! But if you have the time or don't care about immediate gratification, the caps will do just fine! But you can do both! Just know your tolerance level!

Perfect solution...Cannabis Concentrated Oil (Indica X Indica strain) taken as described Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method. Done properly, you have the best concentrated med on earth for everything. Peace

Back
Top Bottom