Looking for some insight on nutes and ppms

TonyScorpio

I'm not sure how to word this question, but here goes an effort....lol
I'm using the Flora Duo expert feeding schedule. Anyone willing to help out can find this schedule on the general hydro website. Just for getting the gist of this I will use the 1st week feeding routine. I'm using a 30 gallon res.
If I mix the nutes as per the schedule exactly this will put my nutes way above the recommended 400-600ppm range for the first week feedings. So, the main question is how do I decide to change the recommended individual amounts to come out in the desired range. Obviously, I will have to reduce the amount of each nute. Where do I start on determining how much of each to use? Which one needs to be right on and which 1's do I scale back more. Or am I missing something obvious? Also, my little room is running in the upper 80's to 90's, so I know that the girls will be drinking more. I've read that I may also need to scale my nutes back some for this also. Anyone willing to mentor this willing to learn newbie? What shoud the humidity be for the girls in their 1st week going into week 2. It's currently running 40 - 50 % right now. I know that my 1000w is over kill for my room 3X4, but working with equipment handed down and have to make the best of it. I burned the girls during cloning, but they are stilling hanging in there. WAnting to turn the little ugly ducklings into mature beautiful women, so to speak.

you should make paragraphs, and not just a clump of text... its hard to read :p

anyways.

i assume you have a PPM, and PH meter.

for a clone, (assuming its rooted) i would give it about 100-200ppm for the first week, until you see it start to yellow off at the bottom.. then bump up to 400, and a week later 600, etc until you reach around 1000. if you start to see nute burn... obviously back off.

there is no set in stone numbers for PPM, its all about learning to read your girls. if they start to burn, back off, if they look great, keep it there, or even try to bump them up a little. up to you.

keep your PH in the 5.2-6.1 range, and you should be fine there.

as far as ratios of nutes to give... it should state on the bottle. dont scale one more than the other, that will cause imbalances. if you want to cut the ppm in half, simply cut in half what you give them on each bottle. i have no experience with that kind of GH. if you want to save some money, next time maybe buy a 3 part system instead of 2 part.

the 3 part systems also allow for you to tweak the feeding to your liking better, once you get a little more advanced.

make sure the 1000 watter is far enough away from the plants too. and if you can, try to get an AC or better venting in there. they do better in high 70's than 80-90.

not saying it wont work. but its not the best.

thx for the grammar lesson.....
I also appreciate the help with the nutes.
I cut all of the measurements in half and that put my ppm where I was looking for. Although, I have purple stripes running up all of the stalks. A buddy told me that is a sign of a deficiency. What's your thoughts on that? Other than that I think that they are looking very good.

it CAN be... but its probably not. i have a whitewidow * ak47 strain that does that too, and its perfectly healthy. along with quite a few other strains that do that.

its more or less solid purplely red stems that might mean a def.

full

edit: photo doesnt seem to be working, heres the link
stem_purp - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

thats a pic of my current plant. and shes perfectly fine. its just a strain thing.

Back
Top Bottom