Looking into a 400w Watt HPS (too hot?)

XcluSiv3

Im looking to put a 400watt hps into a 4ft wide x 2ft deep, and 8 feet tall closet. Im just wonder about the heat that the light will be giving off. I dont want to kill my plants, or catch the closet on fire.

Re: Looking into a 400w Watt HPS (too hot???)

shouldnt catch on fire.. but the heat can be a problem .. if its winter it not to hard to control the heat.. but if u do it in the summer it can be hard to control it .. but wiht that it is going to be an issure i have a 150 hps in a lil smaller room and durning the winter no problem but summer needs some fans lol.. but if u got good ventaltion and a nice fan u should be fine

Should I go smaller on the watts then??? I have about 3 plants going right now.

430 watt HPS is what im using in a 4+4 area. the 430 is nice bec i dont have to change bulbs or ballest. the 430 watt phillips Son Agro does it all. the only thing i have to change is the light cycle. I love it

The Son Agro bulbs have a 30% increase over a standard high pressure sodium in the blue region of the spectrum to enhance natural plant growth. It creates the correct balance of "red" and "blue" energy to enhance natural plant growth and has 6% higher lumen output than a standard 400 watt high pressure sodium bulb. This bulb puts out 53,000 lumens with a Color Temperature of 2100.

There are 3 different types of 430 watt bubls you can use on the 430 watt HPS system. there is the 430w HPS Agrosun Adjusted Spectrum, i dont know much about this bulb, i need to do more reading about that one and decide if i want to try one. And of course there is the Hortilux 430 Watt Grow Light. and the standerd 430 phillips Son Agro bulb.

Back
Top Bottom