Looking to buy carbon filter, tent and 6" inline fan - Advise please

adamhk0

I am looking to buy cheap carbon filter, tent and 6" inline fan.

Carbon filter
I think I will go with this
KGrHqV_mEFBOewKnCVBRhFIc8rrg--60_12.JPG

Seem like it is the lowest I can find.

Fan
I nail it down to 4 choices
1.cheaper 6" fan from home depot
248c5414-0da3-4b35-9c8e-9b69032b1097_1000.jpg

2.cheaper 6" fan from ebay, metallic paint on fan blades.
T2eC16N_wsE9suw_kriBRmtKzOJL_--60_57.JPG

3.iPower 6" fan
T2eC16hHJGwE9n_yVUTiBQQWzVb0zg--60_57.JPG

4.VenTech VT IF6
51lFVy2sSVL.jpg

Is there anyone using any of these?
What is the power consumption and noise level?

Tent
Would love to buy Secret Jardin, but the price is high.
So I choose Apollo Horticulture instead.
Any comment on Apollo Horticulture tent?

I have also found a even lower price tent on ebay, but I cannot find any review about this tent.
grow_tent9.JPG

Light
I have iPower 400W with glass reflector hood 6" air cool tube

Stay away from
. I bought one from their completion, the Blue Store, and I can blow harder than that damn thing. All the booster type fans are worthless.

This one looks to be a darn good deal,
51lFVy2sSVL.jpg

Good luck. Let us know about that Apollo tent.

re: Looking to buy carbon filter, tent and 6" inline fan - Advise please

The ventech fan is rated at 70db and 121 watts.

I have seen the Apollo so I will give my input. From the outside at night you can see that it has light leaks around the seams and openings. I did get inside with lights out for less than a minute and couldn't see any outside light coming in. Maybe if I stayed inside of it longer I would have, but who knows. The poles and supports are all metal and for the price I was impressed. The zippers can be a pain in the ass at first, but the trick is to pull them out while you are zipping. Overall I thought the ports were well thought out and there were definitely plenty of them. Depending on your area the side windows can be nice. For the price the tent is hard to beat.

That being said a grow involves investing a lot of time and resources. Going for the cheapest components can really bite you in the butt if something fails in the middle of a grow.

Stay away from
. I bought one from their completion, the Blue Store, and I can blow harder than that damn thing. All the booster type fans are worthless.

This one looks to be a darn good deal,
51lFVy2sSVL.jpg

Good luck. Let us know about that Apollo tent.

Thank for your advise.

I have seen the Apollo so I will give my input. From the outside at night you can see that it has light leaks around the seams and openings. I did get inside with lights out for less than a minute and couldn't see any outside light coming in. Maybe if I stayed inside of it longer I would have, but who knows. The poles and supports are all metal and for the price I was impressed. The zippers can be a pain in the ass at first, but the trick is to pull them out while you are zipping. Overall I thought the ports were well thought out and there were definitely plenty of them. Depending on your area the side windows can be nice. For the price the tent is hard to beat.

That being said a grow involves investing a lot of time and resources. Going for the cheapest components can really bite you in the butt if something fails in the middle of a grow.

Thank for your advise.

Your setup is cool.
Does the carbon filter clean the smell effectively?
What is the noise level of the fan?

I have used the VenTech mentioned for two grows, and the carbon filter does a wonderful job. It totally eliminated some very skunky odors. I haven't run a decibel meter on the Ventech, but it is variable speed and is not loud. It's not stealth though, you will still know a fan is running if you are within 10 feet. Hope that helps

Thanks
Best Of Buds
JB

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom