Looks like Arizona slipped in the back door

ForbiddenAct

Here are the #'s so far at 2am. 99% votes counted

Yes Votes (legalize medicial marijuana) 661,988 votes

NO Votes -------------------------- 655,285 votes.

SB 203 is passing with 6,703 votes, and less then 13,200 remaining (approx.).

This would mean that out of the last 13,200ballots, if 3,500 were yes votes, and all the rest were no votes, (Highly unlikely), the bill will pass, which it will.

I really hope this does not add to much of a burden getting the mod's to update their forum to reflect the Arizona win:slide::slide:

:thumb:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sincerely,

(not so) ForbiddenAct

Re: Looks like Arizona slipped in the back door.

welcome arizona. I only hope your bill also takes into account all the needs to grow, like seeds which are still illegal here in mich, why? Cannot yet (legally) order seeds. So until it actually becomes legal for recreational use, like alcohol and tobacco, we will continue to see descrepancies in the legalities between and within the states. Medical legalization IS just the first few steps to letting US control what we want to put into OUR bodies. The big drug corp people don't like that. How could we as a people allow the government to go so far as to write laws dictating what we can and cannot do, even within our own bodies? Are we a free people or not?

:yummy: Glad to see Arizona is on track with this century...but I left because of the arcane laws/enforcement of this Herb.I now reside in California where complete legalization failed with Prop 19...but I am in Humboldt County with a 215 recomendation.This State has a minor infraction for less than an oz.Harvest is wonderfull:thumb:

Bringing down the wall, one state at a time!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodluck: I'm glad to see that Arizona is getting it's shit together!! One more try here in Cali. and I feel that we'll legalize . Take heart Cali. don't give up like the opposition want's us too. :tokin::tokin::thumb::goodjob::goodjob: Raysdad

I live in AZ and I have been praying for the day I didn't have to risk jail to get the pain relief I get from marijuana. I have been dealing with severe migraines on a weekly basis for over half of my life and weed is the only thing that helps to take the edge off enough to let me take care of my kids. I have been to doctors in the past that perscribed stuff like Vicodin, Fioricet , Darvocet, and several others. I have even had a doctor tell me that they would not give me any medication at all until I got a complete neurological workup. I could not do it because I have to pay cash for anything medical. I do not qualify for government help because my husband makes exactly 103 dollars too much a month . Does any one have any advice on how to find a sympathetic doctor that will understand my situation? I am scared to just go to a doctor and tell them that I prefer to use natural medicine like marijuana for fear that someone will report me to social services and get my kids taken away. Are ther any doctors that are board certified in AZ that are pro medical marijuana? I don't know who else to ask or what else I am supposed to do. Any help or advice would be extreamly appreciatd and welcome.
Thank you,
:thanks:

Hey Dudette, welcome to the forum. I had the same problem here in michigan. My doctor would not provide the recommendation for mmj. Many doctors will not due to their affiliation with hospitals. In other words, their boss says no. Besides that doctors and hospitals get kickbacks for scripting pharms. It took a while for some doctors to come around but they have and as time goes on more will hop aboard. My doc used the excuse that it is still illegal federally. Perhaps he was afraid of reprecussions from the fed. Now several doctors are advertising to issue medical authorization for pot but you must have documentation that you fall within the affected medical guidelines. Good luck.

The government of Canada is actually growing and dispensing weed however I heard that the quality is low and inconsistant, though I don't really know. What really concerns me about that is that when government or big corporations take control, they tend to want to manipulate the ingredients, like with cigarettes, not good. Smoke what you grow is one of the safest ways to go. KNOW THE GROW.:rollit:

Hey to ya dirtfarmer! My daughters Pain Mgt Dr signed for her. I went to Dr Bob My 3 regular Drs......one thinks it is addictive,one says it causes cancer,and the other is too afraid to touch the subject. Yet I can easily go to my own Pain Dr and get pretty much what I would ask for. Now I am hearing stories of Pain Mgt Drs witholding treatment and pain meds for their MMJ pts and having to be tested for pot. I guess I am lucky that opiates make me so ill. Otherwise I probably would be a drug addict. To hear a DR,the guy you trust your LIFE WITH,can believe MJ causes CANCER? Everybody knows that is false. Just because you have an MD after your name doesn't make you smarter,just means you went to school. Since I got my card last year,I have not told any Drs. I smoked before I got my card and never told,so I just keep it that way. Dudette

Hi Dudette, Ignorance is indeed bliss. I'm glad you were able to muddle your way through. Hopefully we can get some progression on this issue. It does boil down to the money, bottom line. :peace: DF

:goodjob: QUESTION...the US Senate passed a bill in 1986 that forbids anyone with a "drug conviction" from ever receiving FOOD STAMPS! (part of the crack cocaine sentencing that specifically hurt minorities) If Arizona has legalized it,where does that leave the person(s) who were victimized prior to passage of prop 203??? Shouldn't this issue be brought to the attention of the"authorities" for clarification:and then presented to the advocates to reverse this discrimination.Otherwise it makes sense that if you are found guilty of a little marijuana in Arizona...you don't need to eat despite the current economic slump???Makes perfectly good sense,huh?

yes we finally did it too bad the health dept is trying to be medicine nazis but I'm sure the voters rights will come into play

Back
Top Bottom