Low growing Sativa high yield

Skid Mark

Any Thought's on a Sativa dominant strain that his high yield but does not grow higher that 5-6 ft? I am tiried of fighting with Blu-Dream and Flo strains to keep under 8ft. thoughts?

Indoor or outdoor?

W/ either my suggestion would be to get some Mexican schwag bagseed.

You're looking for four things w/ the schwag,a high you enjoy,(after you smoke enough to get high,lol.),intact buds,mature seeds,and the lack of a skunky smell. If it smells like skunk there's Indica in those genes.

Landrace Mexican sativas generally don't get that tall,5-7 feet is about average,so you're in the ballpark.

Look at the bud. Go for mature seed from the base of the bud. You're selecting for the earliest emerging female flowers being pollinated by the first males. Using the bottom seed from an intact good sized bud,ups your odds for early maturation. (Reserve some of that seed in the freezer as a genetic base.)

After that it's a matter of growing out that first crop and selecting for height. The tall ones get cut. You cross pollinate the short plants,record flower to maturation time,potency and yield. (that schwag seed is going to produce some good bud grown right,enjoy it.) If those figures meet your needs go to the section here on breeding to find in depth knowledge on using the first two batches of that seed to create the base of your own mini sativa monster strain.

Indoors,all you'd have to do with most Sativas is cut back on veg time or go 12/12.

Get some C99. Fast flowering, awesome yields and good size. Best sativa out there unless you are into growing long flowering landraces.

sweet seeds jack-47 12-14 week flower huge yields..

rsz_img_1228.jpg

rsz_img_1229.jpg

rsz_img_1230.jpg

rsz_img_1231.jpg

I am on my 4th year of growing a jack ripper sour D cross very good strain but long flower cycle. Started to flower middle of July and won't finish till 1st of October but the wait is worth it. Sweet and icky stcky great for head aches and over all lethargy

At some point in time I will attemp to take a picture of my current medical grow. I do indeed have a digital camera, but I do indeed have limited skills. I may enroll a friend to make this happen. What i have in garden is, 2 Blue Dream, 1 Jack Rip, 4 Flo, 5 Hindu kush, 1 Purps, 1 White Widow. All these strains were crossed with a Sour-D male 2years ago. This is the 2nd year of this seed strain. So far so good, had a few issues with Hermie but working it out as a I continue to stabilize all these strains with continued crossing. The Flo strain has a great HX of stabilizing just about any strain, and let me tell you it works. If anyone has a problem with a strain cross it with Flo, she will fix her up for sure!

Now, what I plan on doing the next year is encorporate C99 into the crossing mix. I am confident C99 will help with the enormous size issue I have with Flo, Blue Dream and White Widow for that matter! Like I said in the first entry of this thread. I often struggle to keep the Flo,BD, and WW under 8 feet. These girl's like to grow!!!!!!

Skid Mark,

Great thread you started. Had the same question myself. Look forward to hearing about your C99 experiences.

:peacetwo:
Searcher

Hey Trunk5 that is the messiest looking plant I have ever seen! Reminds of the Charlie Brown character Pig Pen. But bet she is a good mess......

yea i was tryign to keep her under 3 foot, bucket and all. got 4 and a half oz's from that plant alone under a 400watt. by far one of my higher yielding plants i still got 2 seeds of it left that im saveing for after i get a bigger place. right now im working with some kush strains to find out what one is more potent. green house bubba, and green house kings, and a barneys farm vanilla. but i also have a seed of the reserva privada og chemdog 91.

I am on my 4th year of growing a jack ripper sour D cross very good strain but long flower cycle. Started to flower middle of July and won't finish till 1st of October but the wait is worth it. Sweet and icky stcky great for head aches and over all lethargy

If you have a sativa that finishes flowering on the first of October, that would probably be considered a short flowering period (for a sativa).

An old-fashioned 24-week haze... That would be considered a long-flowering sativa.

Hey Trunk5 that is the messiest looking plant I have ever seen! Reminds of the Charlie Brown character Pig Pen. But bet she is a good mess......
I think she's absolutely gorgeous! Chunky in all the right places.:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom