Low Stress Training an autoflowering plant?

Any thoughts about it?

12041.jpg

this is a 30 days old autoflowering plant from seed. i started to Low Stress Training it (i am not sure that is the correct term for what i am doing)at 20 days from seed.

:peace:

Re: Low Stress Training an autoflowering plant ?

yes you are right! i think the same, i am very curious.

the strain is from shiva seeds blau ryder
a blueberry x lowryder crossing

that is a mistake thank you for letting me know in the web site i mean .i will tell our webmaster to correct it thank again

i posted some more pic to show how the experiment is developing

DSC041601.JPG
DSC041581.JPG
DSC041573.JPG

as you can see lower branches are developing more then normal cause of the amount of light they are getting .
this should lead in more production i am not an expert but common sense tell me i should be right

yes, this is low stress training (LST). and it can be done on autos but note that autos are not good for cloning (just a reminder though). i don't think LST will ever do harm on your plants. you gotta try to see if it will work.

I think from the looks of it you will have a very small yield from this plant. I believe had you just let it grow it wouldn't have experienced stressed thus the plant would have grown significatly taller even with T5's and I'll bet your harvest would have been more impressive. With regular plants at 18hrs you can bend each branch downward, try elastics and paper clips, and just keep bending the taller growth until you think its time. That extra time should produce a tremendously large plant with many shooters.

Drdave thank you very much for your advice really appreciated i think you are totally right :thumb:

But it was a curiosity i had to satisfy :cheesygrinsmiley:
Here some more pics

i also added a pic of the same plant same time from seeds not stressed 44 days from seeds
and it look like to me Drdave is totally right

DSC042102.JPG
DSC042152.JPG
DSC042641.JPG
DSC042711.JPG
DSC04232.JPG

Hi again, what I suggest you do is go get a 2 x 4 or 4 x 8 T5 light and put it nice and tight to the next non autoflowering plants you germinate, and watch the tight beautiful growth the plant gets. It will remain small and develope in a most satisfactory way. The longer you veg the more impressive it will be. Now I'd bend these to get more light to the buds. but wait until it gets bigger, so when you bend the top down, one of the branches is already big enough that it almost the dominant branch, and pull it down the other way until you can attach it to the trunk. You can do all the branches until it looks like an umbrella. Have you done that? It may make sense to try the new induction lighting since it can be used from veg to flower if you haven't already dropped the money for good lighting. No Heat problem, cheaper on electricity, and the bulb lasts 10 years. My yeilds are ten fold that plant or better and improving with every tip. Good Luck. If you ever try Co2 make sure if you use any air pumps that they are raised high off the floor since Co2 is heavier than air it goes downward and air pumps pump Co2 into the water and mess with the ph and your plants will suffer. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting these! Really wanted to know about LST and auto flower. looks like it works, though it would be good to see a similar control plant under the same conditions. My garden is 1 blue diesel and 2 kush. It's about the right time to bend her over now, but the nodes are close and I'm a bit scared she's just too small for that :thedoubletake:

Thanks for posting these! Really wanted to know about LST and auto flower. looks like it works, though it would be good to see a similar control plant under the same conditions. My garden is 1 blue diesel and 2 kush. It's about the right time to bend her over now, but the nodes are close and I'm a bit scared she's just too small for that :thedoubletake:

yes it look it work to me but you must start very early i am in my second try now i will post photos of my second try .

post a pic of your plant so i can have a look and tell you what i think

with my second try i started at the 2 weeks from seed it is a critical plus strain auto flowering

I got the notion to bend an auto over this morning, is my 1st indoor grow ever. She's very young, was hesitant but she's made a turn for her sun tonight. Not sure how to post a photo

Back
Top Bottom