Lst question!

arizonabudski

I am growing a closet/cabinet grow, and am LST'ing it.
Strain= Skunk(feminized)
Soil/medium= Scotts potting Soil
Light Source= 4 cfls

I am in about my 6th week of growing this and my question is.... You know the leaf's facing downward(so not up towards the light) should these leafs be discolored because of lack of light. All of my leafs that are facing south/down are looking wierd, and all crippled and wrinkled up. All of the grow spots look good because they have turned around the stem up towards the light, however the fan leaves are not doin this. IS THIS NORMAL? this is my first LST..please help/.

Here is a couple pictures i just took

November_105.JPG

November_112.JPG

sure looks ugly huh? like i said the main bud spots/colas are looking fine, but the fan leafs tucked under them are discolored and crippled. I dont think they got burnt because i am using CFL's and they arent even that close to the plant. any suggestions....?

i am feeding it some superthrive for the past few weeks after transplanting into my perminant pot. other than that just some bottled water when the soil gets dry.

Is there any hope in recovering this thing?

i am feeding it some superthrive for the past few weeks after transplanting into my perminant pot. other than that just some bottled water when the soil gets dry.

Is there any hope in recovering this thing?
Well,looks like u did over fertilize,by what u say...
I think this is beyond repair,maybe if u tried flushig the soil,but it looks so bad and weak,flushing might just finish her off:rip:

dam thats too badd, alright i just fluushed it with some clean water. And it seems to be the lower leafs that are doing this, the top looks normal.

Dude,what exactly looks normal here...?
Only if u left those "top leaves" out of the picture...
Thats 1 sick puppy u got there...
My advice is 2 drop it,and start a new grow,but this time,inform yourself first,k...!?:peace:

idk man im just praying for a miralce here,and the new growth even since i took the pictures looks normal is what i mean. ill give it another day or two thanks for the input. (ill at least wait for another seed to germinate be4 i pull the plug)

i mean the fertilizer said it feeds for 9 months(continuously) so i didnt want to over due the feeding so i just stuck with the superthrive/quick start roots after transplanting.

AND to answer screw nuts question, i have not been doing any pH testing because i had only been using bottled water, or distilled water, i did not think i would still need to do pH tests. and no this is the originally plant in its first form, straight from a seed. Any other opinions on if it has any chance of surviving???

Bottled water should be PH'd. The bottled water I used PH'd at 7.0-7.2 which is too high. Distilled water came in at 7.0 again too high. 6.2-6.8 is the happy place. It may seem like a small difference but it is very important.

Personally if it were my plant I would start some new seeds now and see if this one pulls through. That poor thing has been stressed so bad that if it does survive it will likely be a hermie.

yeah i have started to germinate some new seeds, ill give it till the time they are ready to be planted. thanks for the input, and lemme post a picture in a lil bit of al of my nutes and would u mind telling me which ones i should use and which ones i shouldnt use.

so what nutes should i use onmy next one???

Make sure you read the mixing directions carefully. Almost looks like exactly 10x the nutes were used.

Also, if you are growing in soil, check if the soil has nutes in it first. If it is regular potting mix from your mothers house, then it already has a lot of what the plant needs.

Is that fishing line your are LST with ? Maybe use something else. In my experience (with tomatoes (really !!)) it cuts into them. Maybe you guillotined your plant ?

Maybe clip one of the nice leaves and get some rooting powder. The clone you take may be back to this size faster in the right environment. You could waste another month trying to save this plant.

Having said all that, the marijuana plant is very hardy. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom