Mac Gyver Meets Marijuana

weezer1878

IMG_20170427_100054.jpg

Howdy Ya All, So first let's get an understanding of what drives this endeavor. I am a MEDICAL patient and now grower. My stomach is paralyzed, not functional at all. For 8 years now vomiting daily has been the life I've been living. Because my stomach is paralyzed, conventional oral treatments have no effect. In addition my body's chemical processing ability is severely compromised.
My grow is what I understand to be Aquaponics. In researching organic grow methods, I came across tons of info. Lots of smart sounding people, well produced videos and a slough of info on additives. After spending hours upon hours of research it was obvious what I want to do is different. The chemical needs of a grow in all the info was dealt with by putting powder, or some other thing into the water. NOT ME. All of the grows needs will be dealt with in a subsistence farm frame of mind. For example Calcium.... Insect exo-skeleton. for you out there that have housed reptiles, calcium levels are best achieved by feeding insects, NOT SUPPLEMENTS.
In this journal I will focus alot on sharing my knowledge of TRUE ORGANIC aquatic techniques. The problem with supplements for me is the stripping process man uses to extract certain chemicals and isolate them. This Eco System of mine includes more than plants health to consider. What's more beatiful than an untouched by man aquatic system.
O. K. enough babble let's get started explaining the system. As seen in the pic above it is an above ground swimming pool based system. As of right now it is around 3500 + gallons, with plans of at least an expansion of another 5000 to 10,000 gallons. The basic mentality is build and maintain an eco-system with as little human interaction as possible. My big pet peeve is mechanical filtration. Basically forcing water through an organic or inorganic material to filter it. my system try's to be more like nature than aquarium.
I've gotta post this and go to work on the life. I do't know how to not time out on a post, i'm constantly doing something and it's hard to sit here for long periods. Be back later

sincerely sorry for the delay still learning the forum.
In the pic above you'll see 2 above ground pools. I've replaced the factory drains at the bottom with 1" pipe linking the 2 together.
IMG_20170427_100021.jpg

in this pic you'll see where i have placed a T and ball valve. capped off 1 end for future use.
the other source of the pool draining into what I call the pond is the factory pump outlet for the pool. where the factory pump would discharge the filtered water, it is at the top of the pool. this drains into a 190 gallon agricultural water container. here's a pic, notice water into this container, top left corner. water out is clear factory pool hose going into pond on right hand side. both 1" which is factory pool hose size.
IMG_20170427_100004.jpg

in the photo you'll notice the black 1 1/2" pipe above, this is how the water is pumped from pond to pool. it is a Flowtech 1/4 horsepower sump on a float switch.
IMG_20170427_100159.jpg

pic of water being pumped into pool from pond. notice white pipe in bottom.......it's the 1" drain. it goes to the center to gather material from bottom. the pool circulates clock wise so all organic material settles in center.
gotta go again will continue shortly.

alrighty then.......... my 10 GSC clones (in the buckets) are budding already. i spent yesterday on the growers help forum asking what is it i do.
IMG_20170428_135411.jpg

i was told 16 hrs. light and trim off all flowers, they will die during revegging.
so that's what i'm working on today, i'll try to document as much as possible with pics. yesterday i set up another 60 gal. aquarium to start another 50 sensi star seeds. i will take pics today as well of that. as well another 15'x48" above ground pool. try today to start putting that up. it will add another 5000 plus gallons to the system. for ya all out there that are interested in how thats done i'll try to explain and document the set up.

UPDATE 5,000 gal. and Trimmed an ounce

whoa what a 2 days. pulled the plants and trimmed of the flowers, as i was told they would die when it revegged. gots pics for ya all to. as well put in the 15' pool.

IMG_20170503_114803.jpg
IMG_20170502_091909.jpg

in the pic you'll see some buckets gone, with pearly white circles wher they were. that's great. later in this journal i'll get to all the details of stuff going on, like the white circles.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom