Major problem please help - 5 weeks into flower

FirstGrowXx

Made a huge mistake and think I have completely fcked it ! :( I have 6 plants under a 400hps in a grow tent. Started out in my wardrobe under a CFL. Vegged for ages and then moved them into the tent under the new light and roughly 5 weeks ago did the switch. I have no clue what I'm doing other than stuff I read and watch online so I read up a lot on defoliation. Anyway I have only just realised what I have done but instead of cutting the little branches and popcorn bud Iv actually cut off half of the main stems from the stalk!! I'm absolutely fuming with myself and I can't believe I could of been so stupid. Growth has slowed right down and I have basically cut off half of all my plants ! I'm absolutely gutted and don't know what to do! I cut them a few weeks ago and have only just realised I have definately cut the main stems off and yesturday I actually took the smallest plant out and cut it early because I needed more room and there was only two stems and colas on the whole plant! :/ my main question is do you think I have completely destroyed my grow? I can't explain how annoyed and stupid I feel right now !! Have attached pics! Any comments would be greatly appreciated !! :/
image19652.jpeg
image19653.jpeg

I think youll be alright mate. Looks good from the side. Light penetration will prob be poor for alot of that lower foliage anyways. Just leave them and let them recover.... :)

Thankyou for the reply! But I'm majorly stressing out! The bottom popcorn buds won't be getting much light no ad that's what I should have removed but I stupidly removed fat ass stems that would of grown big buds! I have pretty much taken off half of each plant if not a but more and I can't get over it ha

Its a learning process mate. Youll still get a good harvest. I havent done this n years and I topped my fing plant improperly lol so I can kind of relate ... It sucks but thats the best way to learn. Look at it this way you'll still get a good harvest. Some nice colas I can see... Maybe now the popcorn buds wont be so small since there may be more room. Ill take your popcorn buds f you dont want them

Oh man!! I hope your right! When you say good harvest what are we looking at? Round about? I don't have a clue and I was expecting 5-6 oz plants think Iv cut that away to 1oz or less :( ?

Depends on the strain, PAR light, humidity, temp, nutes/ppm, pH, CO2. From what I can see theyre still VERY early into flowering so I wouldn't worry. If anything try using some stakes to "train" them a bit and open up the space for the shit below (for light) if you do have the extra space now. Ive read a few books on this shit but cant recall what the estimates are for different hps wattage per sq footage. In the future if yield is the most important thing for you Id go with scrog... I'd advise you to download the Scribd app and search Ed Rosenthal. Pretty sure there are some solid estimates in his books.

It actually looks totally normal and actually well done to me just did my outdoor hash plant she's a beast and beautiful...well done dude keep it up and you'll get awesome buds with practice and training. Your plants

420-magazine-mobile2090634145.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1142722731.jpg

Re: Somebody anybody please help :/

Dude chill out...those plants are still gonna finish and produce buds...what you did probably helped by the pics....you lollipopped them ...that's what it's called...taking off lower branching that won't get light and will only waste the plants energy ...also the jungle underneath is where a lot of bugs love to fuck shit up...you've also increased air flow in that zone which is good...I think you did fine for a first timer..

now just be patient and let's what's there fill out... make sure the runoff ph is in the right range..and the ec level also...

what strain is that?

good luck and good grows keep us posted

Really?!! I don't feel they do :( but Thanks duuddee!! :) your plants look great!! How long u been growing ? I'm happy u have said they are looking good but Iv done it all on my own from seed and I don't really have a clue just done loads of research ad googling and I'm a girl too ha .

If you mean when I topped it.. It was ages ago! I did it when the plants had only 4-5 sets of leaves/nodes

Haha! Thankyou :) this comment has just made me feel a bit better! But I do have a few other problems at the moment with soil and I he never checked ph because I bought a tester thing and I didn't even know how to use it I think there was something wrong with it!! And I had 5 Jack herer and 1 lemon haze plant in there but now I only have 4 Jack because I took one out to allow more room and it was a lot smaller than the rest x

Oh yeah dude, you are all good.. That plant will choose its own path after topping and will only make more heads.

As long as you dome this well clear of the flowering stage, you're fine.. The plants have stopped, they've just switch from growing in height to producing some lovely buds!

Back
Top Bottom