Making The Healthy Plant

MrMusicMan

All right, I germinated 4 seeds Thursday, October 14th, 2004. Two of the 4 sprouted within a week. So, I planted them the same day they sprouted.

In just 4 days, they have popped up-top the soil. Today is Monday, one has shot up a few inches, the other one is a little gnaled and runted. Here, I am attaching pictures of both of the vegitative plants so to show I'm not bluffing lmao..

Ok now that that is done, I tested my soil. I learned that the pH level must be 6.0-7.5 is that correct. Also, I am unsure of the levels of potash, nitrogen, and phosphorous they need to be as healthy as possible. The readings show that the levels of my soil (using Frank's brand soil) pH is 7.0 which is decent. The potash is low (about 1- 1 1/4), phosphorous is low (about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2), and nitrogen is med-high (about 14-14 1/2). Lol this is turning into such a science project! Anyhow, could any of you tell me what the readings Should be?

The temperature I keep my plants are 70 degrees farenheit.

I have a fan constantly blowing on low to keep them strong.

O and another note, I have my dehumidifier right beside my plants, running it constantly for optimum dryness.

At this stage, would it be safe to transport these little babies into bigger containers? The runt I am afraid to move it in case it would die. These are shooting up like nothing though. Also, please tell me how to tell which plants are males and females so that I can produce the RIGHT type of marijuana? Thanks.
Smokin

Hey, yeah, your ph shouldnt be higher than that.
What you wanna look for in a fert for vegetative growth is Nitrogen. They need lots when they are growin. It's always the first N-P-K i think is how it goes.
When they are blooming they need the P and only a little bit of N.

When using ferts, use a small about b/c your plants might die if they get too much.
Use like 25% strength than what is on the container.

But just keep it easy. Find a fert that is 1:blushsmile:1 = equal amounts of everything.

Then make sure when u buy the bloom fert that you get one that is high in P.

Be careful when using a dehumidifier when they are so small like that. Actually, i would reccomend turnin it off.
All u should need is your fan, but don't blow it directly on your plants, just a gentle swaying breeze is all they need. :)

Try making it a bit warmer in the room than 70. try to go for at least 80. They need warmth to grow, 70 is too chilly for yer babies. ;)

You should be able to transplant them when they get to be about a half foot high or taller. They should be strong enuff then.
And you don't wanna shock them too much, so be careful to gently settle them into their new home.

When u flower them, u should look for little hairs coming off the stem (female) if u see anything that looks like a green seed pod, or a little pair o' nutz growing on the plant, u know it's a male. Sometimes it could be a combo of the two, or a hermaphrodite, u don't want that either. Just the straight female so u can make clones n' stuff. :)
Check yer plants every day for sex when they are in the flowering stage. U don't want the males pollenating the females cuz then u will just end up with seed. Thats no good.

Good luck growin dude!

Another thing..

Ok! Wonderful to hear all this.. lol.. my plants are doing ok but the runt... I think it needs help :/ so I will follow all of this advice. Thank you so much. I hope it's female. Ah another delima: My friend helped me get these seeds; I grow these. Problem is, he got it from a friend. My friend doesnt know what breed these seeds were. How can I tell? I guess the only way to tell is if they are flowering, right?

Tuesday.. The one that is not runter, the leaves are growing bigger, the stem is still noodle-thin, though. The runt FINALLY has some leaves on it and those are growing slowly. I had to help it by getting the seed casing off of it to help it along; even when it had just sprouted, the root was all twisted up.

P.S. I already transplanted them.. the container it was in was too short to support them, the roots were beginning to bunchup. But these newer, bigger containers give the plenty of space.. for now. Or should the containers be bigger?
Joint

Trouble In Paradise?

Um, both of them are starting to have a lil yellow..... Is it nutrient defitiency or too much heat? Too much water? To little water? Normal?

Speedy Returns, Loss of Runt

We went thru a very tough period. Runt died. Speedy still lives and is much much healthier now. It's grown a lot. They were getting yellow because the lights were too close, and giving off too much heat. So I sprinkled Speedy with a lil water and gave it 24 hours dark time. It regained its strength and water and now she's as good as can be. The light is just far enough away that the heat will not burn the leaves..

Lol, a new grower mistake.. at least that won't happen again and I am looking into getting High Pressure Sodium bulbs of around 200-400 watts. Is that a good choice?

I use 400w lights and they grow fine, I get 5 five gallon buckets under them.
I,m not sure on the temp, I keep my grow room at 70-75 day and 65 at night and never have had a problem as a matter of fact some dutch growers that I have read about say don,t let it get too hot or you will have more males. I have about a 90-95% females.I will try to find the article and post it in the next couple of days. Try Dutch-passion.nl and I think they have some info on females.Peace

Lol, holy crap.. around here the cheapest high sodium pressure bulbs are $480 and the highest are $800! That is for 400w.. hm.. I'm in trouble now.. I'm glad I am practicing on the shit seeds and not my dutch ones.. But I've got connections..

I'd appreciate it if you would find this article. Knowledge is the most important thing (besides have cash and connection heh)

On the lights take a look at ezhydrokit.com. I payed 180.00 for 400w light. No cooling I use a fan and it works fine. (I use 2 400w lights) Try Dutch-Passion.nl for female info and I will try to find other info. Peace

Question:

on the hydro site, do they sell the fixtures with the bulbs? Cause there'd be no point in ordering a light I can't use heh.

yes for the price is everything you need, just get it home and put it together and plug it in! Peace

PS Sorry it took so long to get back but I,m a busy SOB

w00t

It's all good, thanks for your help. Smokin

Well I ordered two 1000w MH Bulbs for $130.90 [with the shipping price already included]. Lol my uncle [also a past time grower back in his earlier years] said I could grow 30 plants with those. Sweet. Never ending supply of weed... [dream]

I've got Bubbelicious, and then soon the Ice and what ever the heck the BDS free seeds are. I tried to ask what kind the free seeds were [since you are not allowed to choose Rollin ] and all Mark replied was.. "It's a surprise.." just what I need to do lol.. grow something I don't know a damn thing about. There are so many strands out there....

Lol no they do not come with the goddamned fixtures.. wtf.. now how the fuck.. lol.. what a bitch..

Yeah. What I've done is, I ordered one 1000w Metal Halide bulb and then one 1000w Metal Halide ballast. The last pieces I need are a size e39 ceramic mogul socket and a massive 25 foot, very thick power cord to finish the deed. Power this all up and w00t - you can grow 15 plant simultaeneously. I have my Bubbelicious so, I germinate those and start fresh with my new light. I will definitely cover the windows with aluminum so no light can escape. For the lamp will be brighter than a summer afternoon! Smoke It

Note -- The pictures of these plants are not valid. These died as I am a new grower, but I do educate myself more before a second attempt. I remember the things I've done, as to never do some things again. I accept there will be a few failures before there will be success. When this finally pays off, my efforts will reward me with one mother plant and her beautiful baby clones. Testing the soil once a week, I will make sure there are no acids; that the levels of pH, Potash, Phosphorus, and Nitrogen are correct. This is turning out more of a knowing of science and nature than an indoor task of growing--not just plants--but another living species that connect us to the Earth. There! I've done said my lil hippy philosophies.

Anyhow. Those pictures I have removed.

Back
Top Bottom