Male Cannabis plant, How long till Pollen??

Okay....

here...

Dude_2.jpg
Dude_1.jpg

:popcorn:

Aye Chi Wha

Hey lala...

Are you seeing any of the nuts splitting open?

I know I've got 2 nuts on Dude that are opening up and I'm seeing the Anthers.

If you've got a dom Indica male then you should be seeing some splitting...?

yes sir,

my dude looks pretty indica dominant, his flower clusters are getting more compact and dense...with his balls starting to branch off now....im sure he will be dropping pollen within the next 2-4 weeks, so at night i put a papper bag around him.just to be safe!! ill post some pics soon!:bongrip:

okay well heres a picture update, overall plant size..(i removed the second node/ branch)
DSC02629.JPG

and here's a close up picture of the "balls/nuts"
DSC02635.JPG

ive had the plant for 15 days now..... and he should be ready for pollenating soon!!

Your plant ....lookin good man.

My plant Dude - he aint lookin too good right now.

Had him outside in the shade good portion of yesterday. Gave him a spray of water here and there. Somethin tells me that wasn't a good idea, I mean spraying him with water. Got him inside kickin back in the kitchen. Took him out of the vermiculite and stuck him back in just water - a few hours ago. He's starting to look a little better. His buds are getting bigger, couple of them are splitting open.

yea as a clone he doesnt have enough roots to support himf outside yet, id keep em inside for about 2-3 weeks......and change out your water frequently also so your plant has a good supply of oxygen....

also for my dude....i was just looking at him and i noticed one of the balls have splitt....and i missed it so im figuring he dropped some pollen....ive had em covered with bag.

Make sure that no pollen sticks to your skin/clothes - plants have inadvertently been pollinated that way.

okay so i have come to the conclusion of this thread!! he dropped pollen about an hour ago, i gatered some with a q-tip and i pollenated one of my ladies. i just wanna say thanks to higher drifter for being there along the way with me .......so hopefully in 4-5 weeks ill have some seeds......and a new strain i get to stabilize for a future grow....:adore:

once again thanks to all who have shared/gathered information with me, i really appreciate it and u all made this possible!!:Namaste:

sorry i wasnt able to get post pics...

So at least we can get some nice pollen from the male plant to smoke

Uhh... No. Pollen's only use in this universe is to inseminate (lol) female flowers. Well, and to make sensitive people sneeze ;) .

Maybe there is a translation issue here - are you from the UK? I've heard that they refer to the mixture of trichomes and plant matter that falls through the screen into the bottom chamber of a grinder as pollum (or "pollem," which appears to be the same term?) (with an M) - or, to some extent, any unpressed/unheated collection of trichomes/plant matter regardless of where it came from over there. And, from decades of watching British television shows on PBS/etc., I have noticed that... some folks over there seem to take a more creative stance on the pronunciation of certain words, lol - such as words that end in the letters "th" being spoken as if they ended in "f" (with being prounounced as "wif"). Therefore, I can understand (err... so to speak) some confusion if people around you are - for some reason? - meaning "pollum" ("pollem"), but are pronouncing it as if it were "pollen."

BtW, I mean no disrespect by the above. I'm just an old redneck hillbilly, lol, and people from areas that are densely populated, where a person can't just walk off their back porch and immediately shoot a rabbit or a squirrel when they get hungry and want some meat for supper, undoubtedly find my spoken words as difficult to understand as they would a drunken Scotsman's. We all mangle the English (and, I suspect, whatever language we speak natively) language in our own way.

If someone else can put all that into a more "politically correct" form, I wouldn't mind.

But POLLEN... is not meant to be smoked.

and of course lots of seeds

Only if you have a female cannabis plant in flower handy (and "handy" can be up to several hundred feet if the winds are right). It's like saying, "I have all this sperm, so I can make a baby," lol - the assumption is that there is a cooperative lady in the equation.

Back
Top Bottom