Male or Female?

DROBB

I have three plants in the flowering stage and was looking for some advice. Now from my understanding, male plants produce a similar appearance as the female, but the male looks as if it has "gonads", but I am not sure what I am looking at here on this "sprout". How long is it before the male creates and then releases its pollen? I began flowering four days ago and as I would like all females and no "beans" am very worried. Could someone help relieve this stress I am having, I can barely sleep.

SexShowingInverted002.jpg

:)>

Your gallery pics look like males, but some better pics would help. They take a while to mature to the pollen stage. You should definitely be able to get them out before you have to worry about it. If they have the white hairs, they're female. If they have growths that look like little balls, they're male. Rasta's pics are great.

Re:CO2 question

I have a grow room set up with no co2 set up yet. I have a propane boiler for the whole house heat and hot water which has about 100,000 Btu output. I would like to tap into the exhaust of this boiler to feed co2 to my girls, but I am a little nervous about gassing myself and my wife in our sleep. The boiler only fires on demand and I have a scrubber ventelator for exhaust to the outside air which is set up on a timer. My question is it worth it to feed them co2. They are healthy and at a month old are nearly a foot tall. Is there a co2 tester available and how much should you feed them. I have a carbon monoxide detector but don't know if this would be working right as the exhaust from propane would be co2 right? It seems like feeding them the exhaust gasses during the day while the lights and fan is on the off cycle might be best, otherwise the co2 would be sucked right outside. Any imput would be appreciated.

Re: CO2 question

I have a grow room set up with no co2 set up yet. I have a propane boiler for the whole house heat and hot water which has about 100,000 Btu output. I would like to tap into the exhaust of this boiler to feed co2 to my girls, but I am a little nervous about gassing myself and my wife in our sleep. The boiler only fires on demand and I have a scrubber ventelator for exhaust to the outside air which is set up on a timer. My question is it worth it to feed them co2. They are healthy and at a month old are nearly a foot tall. Is there a co2 tester available and how much should you feed them. I have a carbon monoxide detector but don't know if this would be working right as the exhaust from propane would be co2 right? It seems like feeding them the exhaust gasses during the day while the lights and fan is on the off cycle might be best, otherwise the co2 would be sucked right outside. Any imput would be appreciated.

Dude, honestly just buy a co2 unit. What your suggesting, which I have no knowledge of sounds like a small gain or death. Have fun and please don't risk your life or anyone else's..... K.I.S.S :smokin:

Re:CO2 question

Thanks for the reply Rastaherbman. I am taking your advise and forgetting the idea of tapping into the boiler. I will be getting a Co2 system together. I actually have a 20lb co2 tank and regulator but no solinoid valve, which is not that expensive. Now I will need to figure out the feed rates and time off and on for the exhaust and circulating fans. Right now I have the circulating fan running 24hrs and exhaust fan at 18 on and 6 off along with my lights. Do you or anyone recommend feeding the co2 during the light off period? I guess I will need a co2 testing kit so I can get the recommended 1500 ppm to them too. Thanks again man.

No prob referman. I was just reading my Jorge C. grow bible and found the section on co2 release methods. And for a small room closet you can use several natural methods like sugar,water and yeast inside a milk jug. You have dump it twice a day but hey thats not a problem at all for me.

What would sugar and yeast do? Creates CO2? WOW I need to pick up some literature it looks like. IM interested in this information if you wouldnt mind to share Rastaherbman! :smokin: pm me or somthin

Back
Top Bottom