Man Has Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis Medical Marijuana Changed His Life

Seth Green

From HuffingtonPost.Com Man Who Has Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis Says Medical Marijuana Changed His Life

Preview

I want to be a normal man in society -- or close to it," Green, who lives in Tennessee, says in the video. "I don't want to draw an SSI check each month and live broke. I want to get out and be productive and either help people or, if that is not my choosing, work for a living. I don't want to just sit home."

Green has become an advocate for medicinal marijuana, sharing the story of his struggles through the nonprofit Healthy Hopes, which helps patients legally obtain medical cannabis. Green's ailments are listed as qualifying medical conditions in most states' medical marijuana regulations.

The outspoken activist has held a rally to support Tennessee's 2014 Herbal Bill, which attracted more than 300 people. He also testified at the state Capitol in Nashville on the same bill in front of the House Health Committee. And he says he doesn't plan to stop there.

In an email to The Huffington Post, Green said that after he moves to a state such as California, where medical marijuana is legal, he plans to run for a state representative position. Ultimately, he said he hopes to curb government regulation and special interest groups that back major pharmaceutical companies, which he believes offer poor long-term solutions such as pain pills.

Back
Top Bottom