Man, Woman Arrested In Magalia On Marijuana Charges

The General

California - Two Magalia people were arrested on Thursday afternoon by Sheriff's Detectives from the Special Enforcement Unit along with the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force after a search warrant was served at a Magalia home. Another search warrant on High Winds Road in Concow, the search warrants were part of an ongoing investigation that began with the February 27 search warrant in the 2100 block of Lumpkin Road, Feather Falls. Detectives arrested Benjamin L Pavan, 28, at his Magalia home, and charged with marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana for sale, possession of concentrated cannabis, two counts of manufacturing a controlled substance, armed in the commission of a felony, and maintaining a home where the manufacturing of Butane Honey Oil and cultivation of marijuana was occurring.

Detectives also arrested Rocio I Buenrostro, 26, at her Magalia home, and charged her with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, possession of concentrated cannabis, and maintaining a home where the manufacturing of Butane Honey Oil and cultivation of marijuana was occurring. During the service of the search warrant on High Winds Road, Concow, detectives allege they found a Butane Honey Oil Extraction Lab, consisting of 5 extraction tubes, hot plates, vacuum pumps and vacuum chambers, over 200 empty butane cans and over 80 full butane cans. Detectives allege they also found two greenhouses containing 162 growing marijuana plants and a motorcycle that was stolen out of Ventura County. The marijuana plants were eradicated and later destroyed; the motorcycle was taken to the Butte County Sheriff's Office to be returned to its owner.

Green_House.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Paradisepost.com
Author: Staff Reports
Website: Man, woman arrested in Magalia on marijuana charges - Paradise Post

People like this involved in Vehicle theft while growing herb and making oil extract is what gives the anti Marijuana lobby plenty of ammunition to keep Marijuana illegal. They deserve what they get. RD

I also agree that it was pretty lame of those involved to have this kind of operation going on. I observed the High intensity light bulbs under the plastic roof. This is Dead GIVEAWAY to a large grow going on when Law Enforcement fly over.
State law allows Growing Collectives for MMJ Patients. Some time ago the San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis gave a press release stating, "The only way a Growing Collective for members is legal is if the Members of the Collective ACTIVELY participate in the CULTIVATION".
If someone was going to start a growing collective all the members should have both the regular doctors recommendation and The California State MMJ ID card issued by your local County Medical office.
I say the latter should be obtained after my bad experience with the San Diego County Sheriff.
I am Disabled and had 11 plants growing.
At the time I only had the regular doctors recommendation.
I relied on a person I met at a local Dispensary to help me. This person assulted me one night and my wife called the Sheriff.
When they arrived they saw the gate kicked down and the door to my garage kicked in. After looking in the broken panel of the door, the sheriff saw my two mother plants growing under a light, (Cannatonic and Northern Lights #5). She proceeded to call their Sheriff Narcotics Task Force unit.
When he arrived he asked for my MMJ ID card. I gave him the normal doctors recommendation. He said it was worthless for the large grow I had going on, (What! 11 plants?).
He confiscated my 1/4 lb of White Widow buds, my fifty Cookies, my seven clones, and four mature plants.
He further stated that if I had showed him the California State MMJ Card, He would have thanked me and left without taking any of my stuff. That is why I recommend everyone growing even for them selves to get the State MMJ ID card from California.

You should always have a State MMJ Card when you are growing any Medical Marijuana either for yourself or for anyone. VERY TRUE The place where you get your Doctors Certificate never stresses this they just want you to buy one of there cards. In the eyes of the police these cards are useless.
RD :peace::peace::peace:

Back
Top Bottom