Marijuana and high blood pressure

Oldtoker17... I am a year older than you and also take Metoprolol and Lisinopril. In addition, I have a Pacemaker/Defibrillator. I haven't smoked for a while but I do remember the last time I smoked, it was Super Skunk, my heart raced pretty fast. I am now in the process of growing some Blueberry which is Indica dominant but does have some Sativa genetics. I wish I could give more input but my grow won't be ready until later this year. Keep us posted as to your experiences as I am very interested in your results. Obviously, my pacemaker should keep my pulse from getting too low... I am only worried about the blood pressure and hoping it will not be a limiting factor in my smoking.
I don't take anything for cholesterol since my diet contains no beef or pork unless I have a "slip-up" which does happen from time to time. I couldn't help but notice your comment about losing weight so I hope you don't mind a comment about it from someone who has been in the same situation with his weight. Nineteen months ago I weighed 391 pounds. I was near death and I had to do something so I did some research and went on the strictest of diets. Exercise was not an option since I have less than 50% heart function. I now weigh 216 and feel like a new man. Hopefully you can get your weight to a place where you feel comfortable with it and hopefully we can both get back to enjoying the smoking that we grew up with in the 60's and 70's which was so much a part of out culture. Give me a shout any time and we'll see how this works out for us.
By the way... I had forgotten about the aspirin regimen and want to thank you for reminding me. Actually, I quit taking all of my medication when I began my diet because I felt it was making me constantly hungry and didn't seem to be doing me much good. I don't recommend this approach but I was at my rope's end. I am back on the two meds mentioned above and hoping to be able to enjoy life like I did before I got so fat. I'm also banking on the marijuana to give me both enjoyment and medicinal benefits... hence the choice of Blueberry for my grow. After reading this thread I may go to a 100% Indica next but we will see.
Take care.

I'm using Sativa based cookies for my pain and sleeping problems. For some reason I sleep better with using Sativa than the Indigo. Lately my blood pressure is very high related to menopause.
My question is, will the Sativa based cookie help me with the high blood pressure as well, or should I see if I can find Indigo based cookies? I can't smoke the medical Marijuana, I cough like crazy.
Thank you.

I smoked some Northern Lights last night and my blood pressure went down from 160/110 to 128/82. I had been smoking Indica strains and Indica dominant hybrids for years to help me sleep. I did not know it was also beneficial in lowering my blood pressure. I just found out after buying a blood pressure monitor. Even if it isn't perfectly accurate, it does at least show you the significant drop in pressure along with the expected short term rise in heart rate. Mine went up from 73 to 87 for about an hour although I smoke daily. I think the benefit of lowering my blood pressure from a dangerously high level to a normal level far outweighs the small increase in heart rate.

Back
Top Bottom