Marijuana Legalization Officially Qualifies For California Ballot

Every graduation day a new flock of growers comes from just one school (with more schools coming) and each person will start growing or create a niche in some specialized area like creating new strains. Up here in Canada we have more legal growers starting up each year. The underground (which really is not that underground if everyone knows about it and doesn't care) cannabis market is getting flooded because more big busts are getting kicked out and the other growers are going gung ho with no downside (much) because they can claim to be growing for medical patients. The cops are getting sick and tired of having to let many pot offenders go. (Makes it sound like a sick game when I write it that way.) The price for a pound of world class bud has dropped. I know I can pick up a pound for $2000 from a legal source because I am a cardholder and I know people. In some places at harvest time it may go down to $1800. Whispers of $1500 a pound (or less)for this harvest season depending on what happens in California. The price could drop to $1000 a pound and then plunge after it gets there. A glut will mean many will convert their stuff to other forms, so the price for eatables and such will drop too. The cost to produce a pound will drop like a stone as well. That tax should be lowered in my opinion. What is the tax on beer or wine? I would set them up to be the same, otherwise you could be forcing lower income people to drink rather than smoke because they do not have enough for that high tax. I am on a fixed income and some months $50.00 is my food budget. No matter what happens more growers means lower prices.

It clearly states that each county or state can make up their own MMJ law if this passes. Rather than just MMJ law there needs to be laws for casual smokers because much like liquor Weed is for recreational and social use. If I lived in Cali i would vote yes because regardless what passes if a bill is bad and people rally up they can make their own provisions. Of course they want to control-tax and regulate other wise passing the bill would not sure them any justice. 100sq feet sounds fair. We need a bill that addresses the patient and casual smoker/grower not one that works against tax paying citizens and benefits they weed monolopy owners.

Scare tactics it doesn`t pass now it may never be on the ballot for many years,Bull it will be on the very next ballot cause people like me will never give up nore will we be bullied into some stupid half ass bill that lables it`s self `legalize Marijuana`! Of course you can go down to a club and smoke if this law passes that`s why they want it to pass in the first place,to get your money! LOL! Now you say it will be just like when Alcohal was prohibited then when I point out the difference it`s ok because you can go to the clubs and smoke,what a joke! Why should we put up with that when we should be able to smoke freely in public? Should we be forced to hide like there is something wrong with what we are doing? Don`t short you self people free the weed! Remember they said we couldn`t stop a war ether...but we did!

I can see you are passionate in your position. As are others here as well. I am from a different state, but I would vote yes on that bill..

you make a point about being able to smoke whereever..
Alcohal was prohibited then when I point out the difference it`s ok because you can go to the clubs and smoke,what a joke!Why should we put up with that when we should be able to smoke freely in public? Should we be forced to hide like there is something wrong with what we are doing?

I don't know about Cali, but in my state, you cannot just walk down the street drinking a beer and you cannot freely consume alcohol in public ...
you have to consume in designated area in public (like ball parks) and in clubs/bars/rest... I woule expect any MJ law to also regulate where you can smoke like they do now with alcohol...

I think any law that gets it a little more legal, and opens peoples minds about it would be good. Once this small step passes, and all hell does not break loose, then less restrictive laws can be introduced..

just my 2 cents.. :peace:

I am retired, been burning since the 60's and been waiting for the day they legalized marijuana. So that being said I am afraid that like all my grower and dealer friends I will vote NO, as will many Calif. tokers. I can grow and have 99 plants and 12 lbs yes 12 lbs of dry herb in Oakland Ca. with my MMJ card.
So I would not be surprised if it loses by a landslide, everybody is growing in Cali. I can buy a oz. of good bud for 175.00, if it is legalized it would plummet in price. Its just to easy to grow except for your basic moron. Plus in calif. your doctor can prescribe the number of plants and dried bud you can legally have. sorry.
greenjorge,

It clearly states that each county or state can make up their own MMJ law if this passes. Rather than just MMJ law there needs to be laws for casual smokers because much like liquor Weed is for recreational and social use. If I lived in Cali i would vote yes because regardless what passes if a bill is bad and people rally up they can make their own provisions. Of course they want to control-tax and regulate other wise passing the bill would not sure them any justice. 100sq feet sounds fair. We need a bill that addresses the patient and casual smoker/grower not one that works against tax paying citizens and benefits they weed monolopy owners.

This ballot measure is about the casual user. It has nothing to do with the medical marijuana industry.

yes I agree but the casual users don't have the vote to pass this bill. Too much money involved, my wife and two sons smoke, but have mmj cards and will be voting no also. I am a gambling man and 3 to 1 odds this bill loses by 10 points this fall.

This ballot measure is about the casual user. It has nothing to do with the medical marijuana industry.

OK great, but it will have an effect on the MMJ users obviously who are the ones that oppose the bill. In Cali this bill might not pass since yall have been growing for ages but in the ignorant states such as where i reside MA, we would love to see some laws regarding weed other than the demonization laws that currently exist.

Back
Top Bottom