Marijuana Patient Appealing County Abatement Notice

Jacob Bell

Red Bluff, CA -- A 56-year-old medical marijuana patient is appealing her case to the Board of Supervisors after she got an abatement notice Sept. 28 telling her she had to give up her plants.

The board is scheduled to hear Janneen Blandino's plea Tuesday afternoon to keep her marijuana plants in opposition to the Tehama County ordinance that states marijuana cannot be within 1,000 feet of a school.

Blandino's residence on Chestnut Avenue sits within 500 feet of Berrendos Middle School.

However, in her appeal, Blandino provided proof that she has been growing and using the medicinal plants at that address since 2006 under the supervision of Redding doctors.

Blandino's appeal lists seven medications she tried before turning to marijuana to treat severe chronic back pain due to bone fragments and deteriorating disks in her spine.

I do grow and have talked to my neighbors and have asked them how they felt about me using and growing at my residence, Blandino stated. They are all ok with me.

She keeps the plants caged and follows all the regulations and rules, she said.

Blandino's hearing before the board is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in the county administration building board chambers, 727 Oak St.

The board has the option of conducting a hearing to look at the case, adopting a resolution supporting the abatement or continuing the hearing to another date for further consideration.

If a hearing is conducted, Sheriff Dave Hencratt and his deputy Jeff Garrett, who issued the notice of abatement, will have to prove the existence of the unlawful marijuana cultivation and its status as a public nuisance.

However, should the board support the abatement notice, they may choose to reject Blandino's appeal and follow through with a resolution that would force abatement. In that case, Blandino would most likely be forced to get rid of her plants within 14 days.

news25.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: redbluffdailynews.com
Author: Andrea Wagner
Copyright: Red Bluff Daily News
Website: Marijuana patient appealing county abatement notice

Back
Top Bottom