marijuana rights movement going back in time

Who's lives are getting destroyed cause they cant marry a same sex partner.

The woman who is being deported because she can't marry her (citizen) partner.

The kids who are being taken from their second dad of many years (bio-dad's partner) after bio-dad dies.

MMJ is moving along quite nicely. (Could be better.)

The difference between gay rights and non-med. MJ is that gay is not voluntary.

I did not want it to sound like we are anti-gay here ;) but I'm just puzzled has to why the media and the government is more warm and cosy to gay rights movement but marijuana rights movement does NOT it the news and no one talks about it.

There is no debates in government or on the news and no one talks about it and this not the case with the gay rights movement .Where is the marijuana pride or protest like gay pride or protests.

Also I was just saying in the other thread it is too conspiracy for marijuana to be illegal do to businesses or the prison industrial complex. May be the case in the US but other countries seems too conspiracy .

I'm also puzzled has to the small marijuana rights movement wave in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 and 2005 and than died down. And than there was talk in Canada back than and now they do not talk about it.

I did not want it to sound like we are anti-gay here ;) but I'm just puzzled has to why the media and the government is more warm and cosy to gay rights movement but marijuana rights movement does NOT it the news and no one talks about it.

There is no debates in government or on the news and no one talks about it and this not the case with the gay rights movement .Where is the marijuana pride or protest like gay pride or protests.

Being homosexual is not illegal. While painting yourself pink and jumping around flamboyantly in a parade might garner you some attention, the anti-discrimination laws would probably do a lot to protect your job and even your lifestyle.

I imagine that a lot of folks who live the MJ life do not want any attention since there are NO anti-discriminatory laws for them. Additionally, although taking part in a MJ demonstration is NOT grounds for a search of their premises by either the LEO or (if applicable) their landlords, most people who grow (or even possibly just consume) MJ take pains to stay well below the radar. Especially in small town areas where getting noticed would mean that they would be remembered.

So, many people are faced with the choice of having MJ in their lives OR being an MJ activist. Sad, but there you go.

May be the moderator should move this thread some where else ? I may get more replies?

There seems to be a lack of activist here .

Anyone got the news about the Obama talk about marijuana ?

It is not the first time news outlets and the media love sensation and bias reports.Look how they report crime they love the sensation and bias reports on crime. Why so people get alarms for their house and car like AT@T and on-star. And justified getting new cops ,building new police stations ,new equipment and bigger police budget.Along with tougher laws and more prisons and jails.

I'm not surprised marijuana is illegal when look at the goverment cracking down along with interest groups on tobacco and alcohol use .Also most other countries in world are 16 or 18 and in the US is 21.

Look how the goverment is cracking down on sex . The only places in the world very progressive is Amsterdam and bangkok.

Back
Top Bottom