Marijuana Will be Legal Soon (And if You Don't Like it, Move to Canada)

If I didn't want legal marijuana in America, I'd be seriously unsettled by the existence of a national marijuana holiday that gets more press than Thanksgiving. The mere fact that multiple news organizations marked April 20th by conducting national polls on legalization is itself a profound statement about where we're headed, more so when you look at what those polls show:

*A national CBS poll found 44% support for legalization.

*A national AP/CNBC poll found that 56% believe marijuana should be treated the same or less strictly than alcohol.

*Another CBS poll found that 56% of Californians support legalization, as the issue heads to the ballot this Fall.

Maybe it won't happen this year or even the next, but it's just an indisputable fact that we're heading towards majority support for legalization. Those majorities could quickly move to end prohibition in many states, and there's little the opposition could say that hasn't been said a million times before. The American people have been subjected to decades of vicious anti-pot propaganda, and yet this is where we find ourselves.

If there was ever any doubt before, it should now be perfectly clear that those who've invested themselves in the political war on marijuana are fighting a losing battle. We'll soon be finding out who was right and who was wrong. The debate will be settled once and for all in the most logical way possible: letting adults buy marijuana at marijuana stores and seeing if our society gets destroyed.

Anyone who remains convinced that this can't possibly work would be well advised to just wait it out. Let your apocalyptic theories speak for themselves once the law changes and if everything goes to hell, I'm sure you'll have a delightful time pointing that out to all of us. But don't waste your time and ours on an argument you're eventually going to lose anyway. If you're so worried about the children, go read them a book.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Author: Scott Morgan
Copyright: 2010 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: Marijuana Will be Legal Soon (And if You Don't Like it, Move to Canada)

Where is the "Like" button when you need it!

AND IF U DONT LIKE IT MOVE TO CANADA.Bro im from canada we smoke it like its legal,to be perfectly hounest thought it was legal till i was busted couple weeks ago.The cop let me go,he just took it.I still liked what u said,so true

Move to Canada....?

I agree with my fellow Canadian guy..

I smoke weed every day.... Trust me, I already see it in the near future

The Bud Store ----> rate next to the beer store

Whats the harm, people who wanna smoke it, hit the bud store, skip the dealer! Or grow ur own:)

People who wanna drink, hit the beer store.

:peacetwo:

Unfortunately, as a person with a three decade old pot conviction, Canada will deport me if I show up. Otherwise I'd probably have moved there a long time ago.

Unfortunately, as a person with a three decade old pot conviction, Canada will deport me if I show up. Otherwise I'd probably have moved there a long time ago.

Maybe they can smuggle you in with all the pot coming in from the US....or wait now...we don't get pot from the US...seems that pot is so legal down there that they have to import more from that crap nation to the north.,,,,hey I know " Down with dirty oil and if you don't like it move to the US."...Wait now...the US gets most of our oil...oh boy this blonde is all confused now.

I have been caught at least 10 times in my lifetime with pot and the most I got was an excuse as to why they had to leave. Have no doubts from my travels that you boys live in the most oppressed nation when it comes to marijuana in the developed world.

Have no doubts from my travels that you boys live in the most oppressed nation when it comes to marijuana in the developed world.

No way, not that long ago Schappelle Corby was convicted of smuggling marijuana into Bali. She could have received a death penalty — instead, the judge sentenced her to 20 years in prison. Lucky her... So considering that, I believe we shall see legality in our lifetime.

No way, not that long ago Schappelle Corby was convicted of smuggling marijuana into Bali. She could have received a death penalty — instead, the judge sentenced her to 20 years in prison. Lucky her... So considering that, I believe we shall see legality in our lifetime.

I can see being from Jersey why you would think Bali is a developed country...:grinjoint::yahoo:

California, November. If you live here and are legal (meaning you can vote) GO VOTE. This ballot is going to affect the whole country. Precedence applies to political issues just like legal issues. The Federal Government of America will be watching closely guys. This is a huge vote. HUGE.

I would say this is bigger than voting in a black president. HES sending this country into a pathetic state of dependency. At least when weed is legal ill be too fucking red eyed to care.

Maybe they can smuggle you in with all the pot coming in from the US....or wait now...we don't get pot from the US...seems that pot is so legal down there that they have to import more from that crap nation to the north.

Since when did Mexico move to Canada?
Or is my compass broken?

Ironically, you'd be far more likely to get away with walking from one end of Canada to the other while constantly toking up than you would be to while trying to do the same thing here. But I suppose it's a catchier title than "Marijuana Will be Legal Soon (And if You Don't Like it, Move to the Philippines). And there remain enough ignorant people here that it probably was lost on a lot of people, anyway.

BTW why the fuck would you assume anyone reading these forums wouldn't like it....i mean...look around.

It's a copy/paste from another site.

just an fyi for a good read: check out the latest Rolling Stone article, "MarijuanAmerica"....legalization will happen soon I hope!

Back
Top Bottom