Massachusetts: City Pushes Back Medical Marijuana Application Deadline

Jacob Redmond

The city of Springfield still hasn't received any applications to develop a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center. The office of procurement has now pushed the Phase 1 application deadline back from tomorrow (Wednesday) to December 16th, due to some questions about the Request for Proposal.

Phase I allows someone to establish their plan and general theme and plan for their business. A site is not needed until Phase II.

After December 16th, the city will review the applications and pre-qualify some for Phase II.

1133.png

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: City Pushes Back Medical Marijuana Application Deadline
Author: Ryan Walsh
Photo Credit: Marti Benedetti

It might be a factor that Springfield is only about 20 miles from NETA in Northampton, ma ,,, fast becoming the most popular of Massachusetts dispensaries because of :
quality, more strains, good pricing, good customer service, and no need to make an appointment.

The 2 older Ma dispensaries (Salem and Brockton) require appointments ahead of time and have a lot of complaints on the internet. People on the internet report driving past the other dispensaries to go to NETA in Northampton. Whomever opens in Springfield would have tough local competition.

The newest dispensary, in Ayer, was approved to sell last month, but they also require an appointment and have a website where they try to appear like a doctor's office/clinic. Ayer is so close to dozens of unauthorized, high quality growers in towns that generally look the other way, that it is hard to believe the dispensary will be able to compete in quality, strain choices, price or convenience.

Since EVERY voting district in Massachusetts except 2 was pro medical marijuana last vote. And the state expect to approve recreational sometime next year. A Massachusetts medical marijuana facilty is not a guaranteed money maker.

It might be a factor that Springfield is only about 20 miles from NETA in Northampton, ma ,,, fast becoming the most popular of Massachusetts dispensaries because of :
quality, more strains, good pricing, good customer service, and no need to make an appointment.

The 2 older Ma dispensaries (Salem and Brockton) require appointments ahead of time and have a lot of complaints on the internet. People on the internet report driving past the other dispensaries to go to NETA in Northampton. Whomever opens in Springfield would have tough local competition.

The newest dispensary, in Ayer, was approved to sell last month, but they also require an appointment and have a website where they try to appear like a doctor's office/clinic. Ayer is so close to dozens of unauthorized, high quality growers in towns that generally look the other way, that it is hard to believe the dispensary will be able to compete in quality, strain choices, price or convenience.

Since EVERY voting district in Massachusetts except 2 was pro medical marijuana last vote. And the state expect to approve recreational sometime next year. A Massachusetts medical marijuana facilty is not a guaranteed money maker.

I agree with you that neta is the best dispensary around right now. Although I live right in springfield and would really love a dispensary to open right here in the city. On the other hand if one did open and was an appt only place I would most likely still take the ride to neta. In my opinion there really needs to be at minimum 1 dispensary in each of the 3 major cities (springfield worcester and boston). I come from worcester and my whole family still lives there and right now theres really no close option for them to go to which really needs to change.

I agree with you that neta is the best dispensary around right now. Although I live right in springfield and would really love a dispensary to open right here in the city. On the other hand if one did open and was an appt only place I would most likely still take the ride to neta. In my opinion there really needs to be at minimum 1 dispensary in each of the 3 major cities (springfield worcester and boston). I come from worcester and my whole family still lives there and right now theres really no close option for them to go to which really needs to change.

As of Dec 8, there are 159 more dispensary applications in process in (as yet) unspecified towns - in addition to the first round of 17 dispensaries. I would be surprised if some of these didn't service Worcester and Springfield.
Current Status of All Registered Marijuana Dispensaries

My wife and I live between Worcester and the new Ayer dispensary. My wife hasn't been to any of the dispensaries. She expects to be applying for a hardship grow permit in 2016, based on cost and ability to travel to a dispensary. A recorded visit to a dispensary might mess that up.

If you have family in Worcester, have you been to Lili's smoke shop on Front St, between Main St and Union Station (Amtrak) in Worcester?

Lili's has the best selection of glass I have seen in Massachusetts, featuring about 40 feet of glass cases in their heady museum. I followed them from their old Leominster Mall location. I am sure there are nicer glass shops in San Francisco and Denver, and I have heard of some art glass shops on the cape with very nice artisinal pipes in a back room(at art glass prices), but Lili's is finer than the 7 other head shops/glass shops I have been to in Massachusetts. Most of them have a few nice bongs and a dozen nice pipes mostly within a certain price and quality range, while Lili's has dozens of nice bongs and a hundred nice pipes with price and quality ranges from RooR knockoffs to genuine RooR and heady pieces.

No iv actually never even heard of that place ill def have to check it out. I always went to cloud 9 and northern lights in CT if i wanted something nice but also used to go to double Gs off of james st in worcester. He has grown into a great head shop and the guy who owns it (george) is a real nice guy and always gave me very reasonable prices I recommend stopping in there if you are ever in the area. Thank you for the information. Itd be nice to get a hardship grow licence dispensary prices are pretty high and can be a pain to go there all the time.

Back
Top Bottom