Massachusetts: Marijuana Consultant Pleads Guilty To Possession

Jacob Redmond

Marijuana consultant Ezra Parzybok pleaded guilty to drug charges Tuesday in Northampton District Court and was placed on unsupervised probation.

Parzybok, 41, of 30 Norwood Ave. in Northampton, was charged with two counts of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and one count of possessing a Class C substance for the same reason. Northwestern First Assistant District Attorney Steven Gagne, who prosecuted the case, told Judge W. Michael Goggins that the Class C substance was jars of hashish oil taken from the defendants home by police.

According to Gagne, a National Guard helicopter spotted marijuana plants at Parzybok's home during a Sept. 22 fly-over. The Northwestern Anti-Crime Task Force, which is comprised of Northampton police, state police and Northwestern District Attorney's Office, raided the home that same day and took 67 marijuana plants, the hash oil, "sugar balls" containing THC, ledgers and cash. Parzybok was not arrested but was summoned to court to face charges.

Unsupervised probation means there are no special conditions other than Parzybok not commit other crimes during its 90-day period. He and his lawyers, who met the press outside the courthouse after the appearance, lauded the Northwestern District Attorney's Office for reaching what they called a just agreement.

With Parzybok were his wife, Brooksly Williams, and about a dozen of his patients. Marcie Cooper, 60, of Northampton, said Parzybok helped her tremendously with pain from an auto-immune diseased.

"I could drive here today," Cooper said, noting that this was not possible when she was in pain.

Cooper said she does not like the high from marijuana, but Parzybok found a topical solution that relieved her pain without making her stoned.

Others wrote letters to the judge hailing Parzybok . One man, who redacted his name, said he considered Parzybok a "safe alternative" as he waited for the medical marijuana dispensary in Northampton to open. New England Treatment Access Inc. finally opened its medical marijuana dispensary in September.

"I don't know what I will do without his professional help in providing the only relief I get for my restless leg syndrome," he wrote.

Parzybok graduated from Rhode Island School of Design and received his Master's degree from Bard College. He said he has advised 300 patients and that he will no longer provide them with marijuana now that the dispensary is open.

16452.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Marijuana Consultant Pleads Guilty To Drug Possession
Author: Fred Contrada
Photo Credit: Fred Contrada | The Republican

What a shame it's taken the States so long after the medicine was approved by voters. The people that need the medication suffer, This man was doing what's right.

Back
Top Bottom