Medibles and Hypothyroidism

Hopefully I can answer a couple of questions for you.....my prescription is for chronic pain and life long insomnia. Nothing works for these two issues any longer, at least in the RX meds.

This question is for BuzzyB
Im currently on Armour for my hypothyroidism, i dont have insurance but see a doctor who charges me $250 not including medication (another $250), he doesnt even bother to test me regularly to check my thyroid levels but just bills me everytime he has to send me meds. I feel like im not getting the help i need as I wake up every morning from with chronic back pain (apparently common in hypos). I want to switch over to medMJ but am unsure how to. Ive read articles about people using the oil, and people using edibles but i dont like the feeling of being high. How does one start? Is the oil injected or injested? and how do i know how much to take? Please help as i feel like im wasting money on medication that barely helping me and im sick of the greed in the medical system. I know this is an old thread but im hoping you see this and respond as i dont know who else to turn to

Hi BuzzyB! I came across your posts when searching for help. I have been sufferring from hypothyroidism for years. I do not respond well to the medications and in over 15 years of weight gain am a staggering 120 lbs overweight and still have no relief from the symptoms of the disease. I was hoping you could give me an update on how you are feeling and what you have found to be most affective. I go on Monday with high hopes of getting my card. Thanks so much for the information you have shared. I believe this will change my life. Thanks!

Do you know what types of mmj you were using? I have a clearance I don't want to risk, so, I'm hoping to be able to get the right strands in CBD oil. I'll need to be able to tell them what my help my thyroid and hunger (i'm Hypo), boosting my metabolism, without giving me munchies and minus, of course, the THC.

Thanks!

I'm very interested to know if anyone on here has Hashimotos Thy? My story is pretty harsh. I discovered I had Hashimotos after being on my period every single day for a year straight. For right now I'm taking Levothyroxine (for about 2 years now been on it) so far my levels are normal, but I'm wondering what the long term risks of Levothyroxine could be. I've recently turned to MMJ for Restless Legs and other reasons which proved really helpful for me.

Hi buzzyb, liked your pun at the beginning of your post. I know this is an old post but I do hope your respond. I have been fighting a losing battle with hypothyroidism and found your post when searching for hypothyroidism and cannabis. I found it a few months ago and I am now 179 pounds from 145 in five years. I have miserable insomnia and now I am willing to give it a shot because as far as I'm can tell from reading all your posts that the medical marijuana cured your disease and I am hoping it cures mine as well. I hope you receive this notification and post your current health status. Thank you once again for posting. First glimmer of hope I have had in a long while.:goodjob::thumb::thumb:

Hey, BuzzyB,

I know this is an old thread - but -can you let me know what brand/pharmacy of medibles you were using and/or what strains were in the medibles? Charlotte's Web? Skunk Haze?

Thanks!
ThyroidHelp

High! Has anyone noticed any correlation between hypothyroidism and medical mj? After about 3 months of using (ingesting) marijuana, I started to lose weight! I weighed 178 pounds mid February of this year, 2012. I don't seem to get the 'munchies' but I have also been loosing weight.......48 pounds to be exact! I wore a size 14 jeans and today, TODAY and buy a size 6. Is it possible the mmj has regulated my thyroid? I know that it cured my acute acid reflux......was facing surgery but I don't have it anymore! I can eat whatever I wish and not a trace of heartburn, let alone debilitating acid reflux. Any help is so greatly appreciated! I am still taking my thyroid med, but continue to lose weight. If it keeps up, the med may throw me in the opposite direction, and that would not be good!
Thanks so much guys, for your input!
BuzzyB:peace:

Re: Medibles and Hypothyroidism - Update??

Hello, i'm not sure if you're still a member but, could you please let me know what brand of medibles you were using and/or what strains were in the medibles? I have hypothyroid, is it possible to be approved for a medical card? thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom