Medical Cannabis Dispensary Operator: We Will Help Ease Pain And Suffering

Jacob Redmond

TGS Illinois LLC has been approved for a medical cannabis dispensary. TGS Illinois, doing business as The Green Solution, couples vertically integrated cannabis expertise (Colorado-based) with a pharmacy care model.

The company was formed to help ease the pain and suffering of qualified chronically ill patients.

Vice President of Illinois Operations Tanya Griffin recently spoke to business reporter Will Buss about her role in the state's medical marijuana industry:

What Is Your Background?

"I am a serial entrepreneur with a focus on creating and helping health care-focused companies grow. I am the oldest of 10 kids and grew up in Belleville. My dad, Michael Cordes still lives in Belleville and is also involved in this business and has always been my inspiration in terms of taking risks and doing what I love. My first company in St. Louis was Kangaroo Kids which coupled smart retail with breastfeeding and maternity support services. Health care has remained my focus every sense. After a short stint in Ireland, I returned to Chicago in 2007 and continued to create and grow healthcare companies. I was fortunate to partner with TGS's Speidell brothers and the Patels in Illinois, as we expand vertically integrated medical cannabis solutions nationally. Breast milk to cannabis was a natural progression. The cannabis industry has moved at lightening speed while welcoming smart solutions that are considerate of the strict rules and regs legislated by each new state coming online. I am fortunate to be a part of a movement that helps to ease the pain and suffering of ill patients while paving new ground in an industry that is moving at lightning speed."

Why Did You Get Involved With Medical Marijuana?

"I have been deeply entrenched in growing health care-focused companies since 1995. My recent partnership with TGS Colorado allowed us to bring the expertise and innovations of The Green Solution to Illinois. This unique partnership allowed us to combine vertically integrated cannabis expertise with our existing Illinois-based health care services including home health (skilled nursing and caregivers) and pharmacies including sterile and non-sterile compounding and IV infusion. We currently serve chronically ill patients in Cook County and throughout Illinois with the objective of keeping patients happy, healthy and at home. Medical cannabis was a natural extension to the health service companies we currently run in Illinois."

Who Are Your Clients?

"Our clients are qualified patients in Illinois who have successfully obtained a medical card through the Department of Health (IDH). For patients to qualify they must have one of the 41 debilitating diseases outlined in the law. A 15-member advisory board has been appointed to add new illnesses to the list including PTSD and chronic pain. To qualify, a patient must have a physician's recommendation, provide fingerprints, a fee and documentation to IDH. Veterans are exempt from the physician recommendation requirement but must prove an illness on the state's list. A patient caregiver may also obtain a Marijuana Medical Card on behalf of a qualified patient. Groups like Good Intentions - Chicago are now available to help patients navigate this process."

How Soon Will Your Company Be Providing Medical Marijuana?

"This is contingent on the state and how quickly product can be grown and distributed. This is a two-tiered process. Approved companies must now register with the state and follow through with the plans put forth in their application. Cultivators will have six months to be in production and it is presumed that product will be available by mid to late summer. Our Sauget dispensary will be open to qualified patients as soon as product is available and the state's regulatory processes are in place."

6887.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical cannibis dispensary operator: We will help ease pain and suffering | Metro-east news | News Democrat
Author: Will Buss
Contact: Contact Belleville News-Democrat or bnd.com in Belleville, IL
Photo Credit: Yavapai Herbal Services
Website: News, sports and weather for Belleville, IL | Belleville News-Democrat & bnd.com

Back
Top Bottom