Medical Marijuana and the Physician/Pharmacologists of the U.S. Supreme Court

Those of you who read my articles on the Web know that almost nothing surprises me anymore. I said almost nothing!

Last week I saw the final TV show of Boston Legal which I thoroughly enjoy. In this show Alan Shore was pleading before the U.S. Supreme Court to get a new drug released for Denny Crane to treat his Alzheimers disease.

The Boston Legal episode is based around the Supreme Court's 2005 6-3 decisiom that the Bush administration can block the cultivation of medical marijuana for personal use, because of what the justices saw as "broader social and financial implications". (see: Supreme Court allows prosecution of medical marijuana)

In the show last week, the opposing attorney was against the release of the new drug because it hadn't gone through the FDA clinical testing. Marijuana was brought up as a comparison. One of the judges said that this was a poor comparison because "there are many drugs far better than cannabis/marijuana". I nearly fell out of my chair.

If a Supreme Court Justice hasn't used or doesn't know several people who have smoked MJ he must have been brought up in a monastery. That's not a good example. I had two Catholic Priests as MJ patients. I think those two learned about MJ and used it in Vietnam as soldiers.

I can't figure a Supreme Court Justice being so misinformed but maybe part of their training was to watch "REEFER MADNESS" which was a very bad movie played by very bad actors.

If I may, I'd like to inform the Justice or Justices and this comes from not only my 4000 plus patients but from the probable 400 thousand legal users of MJ. These patients have a variety of diseases from serious to very serious to lethal. For whatever their disease is they not only say that MJ is better or more effective than ANY of the hundreds of LEGAL DRUGS they have been given as if they were "Lab Rats".

I will say there are a few exceptions. For extreme pain there are Dilaudid, Oxycontin and H****n itself (available in England).

I don't care Mr. Justice which or any drug you can mention, cannabis/marijuana is better. Dilaudid etc are extremely addicting — cannabis has very low addicting potential and has never killed anyone. You cannot name any other drug as safe to use as cannabis.

I might add that even the U.S. Govt. estimates that at least 50 million have used cannabis with not one death or any kind of serious harm. Mr. Justice, where did you get such lousy misinformation. I'm almost afraid to ask — wherever, it is completely wrong. Judge Fracis Young, a judge for the DEA says "Cannabis is the safest drug ever found by man".

There I've said it. I feel better already.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Dr. Phillip Leveque
Copyright: 2008 Salem-News.com
Website: Medical Marijuana and the Physician/Pharmacologists of the U.S. Supreme Court

It just seems like you can pick any time in American History. Its not really about What is truly righteous and just, but Politics and control of the masses that rules...
Our Justice department included...Every single issue since this government was formed has had its opposition including Slavery, Equal rights for all and so on...
Even with educating the masses you still have People who believe that Homosexuality is a choice and Men and Dinosaurs existed together....

Even with educating the masses you still have People who believe that Homosexuality is a choice and Men and Dinosaurs existed together....

"And on the seventh day, God stepped back and said 'There is my creation, perfect in every way... oh, dammit I left pot all over the place. Now they'll think I want them to smoke it... Now I have to create politicians.'"

Bill Hicks

you should add D.E.A to your statement also.:cheer:And on the seventh day, God stepped back and said 'There is my creation, perfect in every way... oh, dammit I left pot all over the place. Now they'll think I want them to smoke it... Now I have to create politicians.'"

Bill Hicks

Back
Top Bottom