Medical Marijuana: Can Weed Treat Obesity?

Truth Seeker

We're still trying to wrap our heads around this item, but here we go...
Several British researchers claim that cannabis -- fondly known for inducing intense cravings for everything from Hot Pockets to Doritos to Taco Bell -- might actually have appetite suppressant qualities, and could even be used to treat obesity.

For reals...

So what's up?

Researchers at GW Pharmaceuticals are using pot in clinical trials as a treatment for metabolic syndrome, "a risk factor for diabetes," according to UPI.

That's because THCV and cannabidiol -- chemical components in pot -- themselves suppress appetites. Though this effect only lasts temporarily, scientists "found the compounds also had an impact on the level of fat in the body and its response to insulin, a hormone that controls sugar levels in the blood."

With mice, these compounds actually speed up the animals' metabolism, cutting the amount of liver fat and blood cholesterol, the newswire reports.

This recent report on reefer research comes shortly after another development in the world of prescription pot: Remember that buzzkill Israeli scientists have bred a highless variety of medical marijuana.

Male_Abdominal_Obesity.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: villagevoice.com
Author: Victoria Bekiempis
Website: Medical Marijuana: Can Weed Treat Obesity? - New York News - Runnin' Scared

Dude was that picture really necessary? Lol.

I can speak from experience, as we all crave stuff when the MM lowers your blood sugar (munchies) if you can control this eating things not laden with sugar or fried,ect you can loose weight. I've lost, slowly over 30 pounds when I became legal. With my disability's sometimes can't walk or must sleep, and its been MM that has helped treat these things. Do me a favor, we all are people and all have feelings, must we make fun of anyone so we feel better? The more I smoke, the more I realize-we're all in this together, each and every one of us. :peace:

In my very limited experience as a personal med lic grower/user.....i have found that one
sativa cross strain known in southern ontario as "3rd Dimension' (16%thc, lemon cleaner
fragrance and clean aftertaste) has the ability to lift spirits, increase mental and physical
ability during hot and humid days and ACTUALLY INCREASES ENERGY LEVELS AND 'DRIVE'
TO COMPLETE PROJECTS OR TASKS.

Same species is hugely drought resistant, small bud and leaf formation, and actually kills my
appetite for 4-6 hours after a single half joint use (not a huge pot head, use stuff in moderation
when forced to work thru buzz).

Due to local laws and regulations i am unable to give or lend to get others to agree or disagree,
original clone came from a compassion centre in my area.

We all know different strains deliver varied results, depends as much on consumer as that which
is consumed. Look around, i am sure that strain is around your area and worth a try. No, not a
seller or activist.

Back
Top Bottom