Medical Marijuana Patient's Please Introduce Yourselves

I like being a patient so much I'm rethinking the idea to get the hell out of Cali when hubby retires. Probably go north instead.

I left cali for missouri, big mistake. When I get the money I'm outa here. California here I come, right back where I started from.

After almost a year of monitoring this forum for advice on certain issues, I thought it was time to participate on another level.

Presently employed as a creator of chronic hybrids. Started 6 years ago with a 80% Indica; "Stacy's Secret" and a 80% Sativa; "Revenge" from Mendocino. (Generation # unknown).
Hybrid, "LATTERDAZE", now in 18th Generation, has hint of pepper and Sweet Grapefruit odors. Conception by Grafting.
Use SEA of GREEN technique with Sun Systems 1000w HPS, Bullox CO2, Organic, Hydoponic and Aeroponic (6 harvast/yr).

Purpose: Am asymptomatic HIV+. Presently on HAART (Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Treatment) cocktail of one pill once a day. "ATRIPLA" contains "SUSTIVA", a powerful HAART non-nucleaside transcriptease inhibitor. Side Affects are terrible and not so terrible depending how one see's it. "Vivid Dreams and or Nightmares" is the the most common side affect with a "Heavy head" feeling.

Marijuana has been absolutely beneficial in counter-acting side affects of HAART and makes the Peripheral Nueropathy ( a condition permanetly sustained from taking HAART "VIDEX EC") bareable.

Well I guess it's time to tell you all a little about me. Read it at your own risk as it's quite long.lol I'm 41, fat and jolly! lol I'm a disabled veteran retired out of the US Army under a physical disabilty for a knee injury. In 1986 I hurt my knee durring war games and after 2 mis diagnoses, I was diagnosed with a disease that was considered really rare at the time (it was and still is mis-diagnosed as bursitis for many people) It's called Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS). It's a disease that causes joint lining to swell and bleed. The resulting blood eats at the synovium and bone and leads to a deteriorated joint that needs to be replaced. Plus you have a constant sore and exremely swollen joint. Worse than arthritis at times because a asprin or ibuprophin won't ease this pain. It grows out into a form that looks like shag carpet in the joint and pieces of it can get caught in the joint which causes extreme sharp pain on top of the normal constant pain. Well after 3 orthoscope(sp?) surgeries and one where they spit my knee from thigh to ankle almost lol they (this is the US Army who is doing this) made the realization that they had left too much infected sysnovian and wanted to do radiation therapy on my knee. My being a E-4 and all of them being captains or above, I really had no choice but to allow them. So I got 4000 rads over a 8 week cycle I believe it was. It was enough to actually cause radiation burns on the outside of my leg and all of the hair in my leg fell out.lol So anyway...after a 18 month stay in the hospital as a patient and no cure they get tired of playing with me and they discharge me out of the hospital and the Army at the same time. I got a 30% rating from the Army and a 20% from the VA. This added up to a nice little $200.00 a month check. All goes okay for 10 years. Of course I had a lot of pain and swelling still in these 10 years but I managed.
10 years later I'm snoozing and I wake up at like 2:00am with a calf that is so cramped I almost passed out in pain. It was so cramped it hurt like hell to the touch or use for a year straight. The pain becomes so bad I can't see straight. My girlfriend talks me into making the 2 hour trip to San Francisco V.A. hospital and I get informed by a Urgent Care (Emergency Room) doctor that when I woke up with the cramp is when the major artery in my right leg collapsed. I had been managing a bar working double shifts and living life for over a year with a collapsed artery. So I take time off work to have a artery transplant. After a 6hour surgery it was complete. They literally split me from groin to ankle down both legs. They took a vain from my left leg and replaced the collapsed artery in my right leg with it. I went home after a 5 day stay and after 2 weeks problems started to happen. My leg started to ache and a ulcer appeared. I called the V.A. and had a shit fight to get them to make me a return appointment. I had to go to a private doctor and have them tell the VA something was wrong. The new artery had collapsed now. The ulcer was huge and became infected and I had to pack it with bleach soaked bandages, allow them to dry up and then rip them out of the wound to debreed it of dead tissue. Worse pain to date from that one. So I go back for a second transplant. The get a vessel from my left arm this tim. Split from groin to ankle and armpit to wrist this time. Well I didn't make it out of the hospital this time. It plugged up within 2 days. Now this whole time I've been on enough blood thinners to make coughing a hazard for internal bleeding and I'm still clotting up my veins in this one radiated leg. It made the doctors scratch their head more than once. So anyway they take me back to surgery and try to open up the new vein but decide to try and graft a rubber vein in place of the clogged up one because the unplugging wasn't working. The idea was that maybe the rubber would inhibit clogging. After a 13 hour surgery and dieing on the table twice they determine it a failure and schedual me for amputation. My girlfriend goes nuts. She demands to talk with the head doctor who is in surgery. He agrees to a appointment then stands us up. She goes nuts and yells at him and calls him everything in the book telling him it's the services fault I'm the way I am and they are vresponsible and so on. He then says " well there is one more procedure but it's expensive. It costs $10,000.00 for the vein alone. It was a cadaver vein. A guy up in Oregon had died and donated his body. I got a vain from him. Well they agree to it but tell me it has a 60% failure rate. Well it failed too and I thought for sure I was losing my leg. I prayed like I never prayed before. low and behold I get them to agree to a last MRA which is a procedure which allows them to track vessels and arterys with a MRI machine. Well a miracle happened. I have what they call "collaterals". It means that 2 little vessels went on a search for active blood supplies and happen to find each other. I have a very restricted blood supply which has allowed me to keep my leg. The supply is so limited that any activity results in extreme cramping but my toes are pink and healthy. I am now rated at 80% but it's weird. I have a 20% from the PVNS and a 70% for the artery collapse but they add it up to 80% somehow. My math comes up with 90%.
Anyway to sum this up as it's way longer than I expected ( I got stoned and started typing) I am alive, fighting a obesity problem due to not being able to really work out or do any cardiovascular work. I am on opiates (have been for over 8 years straight now) but I have reduced my use of them from over 600mg's a day to less than 120mg's a day. Cannabis is my savior. It's going to help me rid myself completely of all of these nasty painkillers I'm on. My docs are federal employees so asking them about cdannabis was out of the queswtion. i did admit to it and they freaqked out so I never mention it again. I had to use a "POT" doc but it's legal and I feel safer with the recommendation. It's now expired as I can't afford the $200.00 renewal price and I'm a little worried about it so I hope if anything ever happens I can fake my way through with a old expired copy. I'm knocking on wood now so I don't jinx myself. lol
Well I'm sure your tired of reading this but this is why I am a medical user of cannabis.

Im new to the boards here, so hi everyone! Any other med patients from Colorado? Just got my doctor reccomendation a few days ago and sent in my state forms, should be getting my card in about a month. I was recently diagnosed with IBS and chronic muscle spasms, which causes a great deal of discomfort. Its so nice not feeling like a criminal growing my meds!

High again every one?

still close to shasta. room is looking great. found a dr close to here so not as far to go. the dr is in redding.

im thinking of moving to california when i finish college. do you think i could be prescribed mmj for chronic headaches?

that was part of the reason why i was prescribed mmj. migraines, ptsd, and cronic pain in my back. i dont see why you could not get it. you have to become a resident of cali first before they will give you your mmj card

HEY ALL, NAMES IS SLEEPY420 im an mj patient. I was diagnosed with spina bifida at the age of 15. I tried all the other pain medicine vicodins and some other power pill, and all i did was sleep all day. so that year i waited fo 420 to come by to try pot for my first time (also my birthday:headbanger: ) and god it took the pain away! im now 20 going on to 21. been a patient for 1 month! :allgood:

sleepy420:peace:

Hey Guys semper Altus, been here for awhile, just met with the doc im not a patient... pretty excited... i will say i was so taken back by the club.... it was kinda surreal ive heard how you do things in their but it was like whoa... is this legal...

but ya hi guys.

I hope I'm not intruding, (I'm on the wrong coast) but I do use my sweetheart for medicinal purposes.

I'm 52 now. At 19 I lost my right index finger in a firearms accident while in the Army, yes I'm a disabled vet. At 23 I was diagnosed with arthritis caused by scoliosis. Needless to say that led to chronic pain. I have had epilepsy (complex partial seizures orginating in the left temporal lobe) since "99". It wasn't diagnosed correctly until "01". Within a three month period in "01" I lost my job, three family members including my 23 yr old daughter who was carjacked, raped, and murdered, and was diagnosed with the epilepsy. Ok, now we add the clinical depression, PTSD, and IED. They loaded me up with a lot of FDA approved drugs and said I'd be ok. I guess ZOMBIE is their definition of ok.

MaryJane saved the day. My wife of 29 years and my 20 yr old son say they live with two of me. They don't like the one that doesn't medicate with cannabis. The one that does is not to bad of a guy.

Medical Marijuana has saved my life. It made things, and makes things bearable when nothing else could, or can. I truly wish I could move to California but unfortunately that is just not possible.

Peace to all warriors who fight for what, if not for ignorance, would be a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom