Medical Marijuana Use & Benefits: A Reprise

My recent article on this subject brought a barrage of patient replies.

The most notable was by Jack Herer author of The Emperor Has No Clothes, the BEST big book about the complete history of cannabis/marijuana.

He invoked the name of Dr. Tod Mikuriya, the Guru and Father of the American Medical Marijuana Programs.

We owe very much to these two people — more than we can ever repay. Dr. Mikuriya wrote the book, The Marijuana Papers which is probably the most cited book on the subject.

Dr. Mikuriya also interviewed several thousand patient of marijuana clinics in the San Francisco area and reviewed about 30 thousand medical chart notes to find out how and why the patients were using marijuana/cannabis.

"NO ONE PERSON HAS EVER PUT IN SUCH AN EFFORT FOR THE BENEFIT OF SO MANY PATIENTS."

Both Jack Herer and Dr. Tod are/were my very valuable friends. Dr. Tod and I both went through hell fighting with our state's medical boards.

He was on their black list for years and was eventually fined $75 thousand dollars for corrupting the "naïve citizens" of Oakland and Berkley, California.

I was fined $25 thousand dollars as THE DOCTOR "WHO WAS A DANGER TO ALL HIS PATIENTS AND THE PUBLIC IN GENERAL IN OREGON".

In other words, "The Most Dangerous Man in Oregon". BIG DEAL!

I probably interviewed one on one about 6 thousand patients but I never did categorize them as did Dr. Mikuriya. I have probably read 2000 or more medical articles and reviewed titles of at least 2000 more.

My most recent article Medical Marijuana Use: Miracle Medicine Good for Dozens of Diseases in Salem-News.com gave information researched by Storm Crow, which gave the medical conditions WITH website references for some 60 medical conditions.

This comprised 60 computer pages and to my knowledge, after diligent research of the computer literature, has never been done before by one person or group.

Even Jack Herer's book, excellent as it is, is very scarce about literature citations and Dr. Mikuriya gives only the International Classification of Disease Codes (ICD9 - CM 1996) but his printout on my site was enough to cause blindness or a migraine.

A better site is Dr. Tod's List. It will blow you away.

ALL GIVE THANKS TO DR. TOD MIKURIYA AND JACK HERER!!

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Dr. Phil Leveque
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com

You are also one of the pioneers we owe a great deal of thanks to Dr. Leveque. I am friends with 1 of 2 Federal Medical Marijuana IND patients who both live in Iowa. Right now we are sueing the Iowa Board Of Pharmacy to remove marijuana from Schedule I. The IBOP denied the petition but took it upon themselves to hold 4 open meetings to get professional and patient testimony. However, I know the IBOP, who refused to even act on this until ordered to by Judge Novak in Court. They will hold these hearings then recommend to the Iowa Legislature not to legalize medical marijuana for Iowa. They do not think patient testimony is credible. At the first meeting one of the pharmacist, Diane Wedemeyer-Olsen, likened the states legalizing Medical Marijuana as this, "It reminds me of what my father told me when I was a teenager and thought I should be able to stay out late. My father said, 'Would you jump off a cliff just because everyone else is?" Well now, that is a whole different scientific way of thinking than I've ever heard of. She received a lot of well deserved citicism nationwide from that remark. Which shows you the IBOP does not take Medical Marijuana seriously. I know it is to much to ask but it would be fantastic if you, Dr. Leveque, could attend the August 19th open meeting from 1-5 pm at the Historical Bldg in Des Moines, Iowa, with the IBOP and give professional testimony regarding the medical efficacy of marijuana. Carl Olson, the one petitioner not on the Feds IND program, is trying to get Dr. Bob Melamede from Co. The two of you would be a slam dunk for Iowa. We really need your help in getting PTSD listed as a disorder Medical Marijuana is helpful for. Thanks for all you've done :thanks::peace:.

Back
Top Bottom