Medical Marijuana Users Fear Having To Buy State-Approved Pot

The General

Washington State - Jeffrey Craighead has diabetes and multiple sclerosis. The Army veteran also suffers from post traumatic stress disorder. He says only one medicine seem to work for him: marijuana. He's worried he won't have access to his medicine soon, at least not legally. "Facial twitches, crossed eyes, using a cane to walk," said Craighead. "None of that exists for me anymore."'

Craighead does not smoke traditional marijuana. From the back porch of his Tacoma apartment he extracts oils from the plant, creating a hash oil concentrate. It gives him the stronger dose he said he needs to control his ailments. Craighead is afraid he won't get the same effect from the recreational pot the state is going to license for sale next year. Lawmakers asked three state agencies to submit a list of recommendations on how to regulate the medical marijuana industry. The Liquor Control Board, the Department of Health and the Department of Revenue released a list of potential recommendations this week.

On the list: banning home grow operations and eliminating collective gardens, the clinics where most current medical marijuana users are able to select from a number of different strains of marijuana or pot-related items. Craighead said the state-approved marijuana is only going to be grown for profit and to get people high. "There is going to be very little or no research into how to better that patient," said Craighead. The Liquor Control Board is seeking public input on the list of potential recommendations.

MMJ_Logo1.jpg

News Hawk - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: King5.com
Author: Drew Mikklesen
Website: Medical marijuana users fear having to buy state-approved pot | KING5.com Seattle

don't think it is actually legal for them to try to change the medical laws the voters approved it as a separate imitative from the recreational use law., if they try it will take a court case to show them the error of their ways. they actually have no way to gather public input and it requires you to e'mail them with your thoughts and opinions.Get after your west coast reps in the state house and senate especially those that have proven pot friendly in the past. East side may be tricky as a lot of them here are not 420 minded.

Had nothing else to do read the boards recommendations and found nothing on medical use or production. Did notice , as per WAC314-55-147, retailers may sell marijuana products between the hours of 8 AM and 12 AM, best get up early.

don't think it is actually legal for them to try to change the medical laws the voters approved it as a separate imitative from the recreational use law., if they try it will take a court case to show them the error of their ways. they actually have no way to gather public input and it requires you to e'mail them with your thoughts and opinions.Get after your west coast reps in the state house and senate especially those that have proven pot friendly in the past. East side may be tricky as a lot of them here are not 420 minded.

Are you ready for some truth? LOL.... here it is.....

It is legal for them to change it, and they will. In this state, the legislature can change regulations after 2 years without the vote of the people. They're attaching medical to the 502 recreational. They've been planning this since the previous governor Gregoire, vetoed the most important parts of the bill that would have licensed and regulated dispensaries, since that didn't go through, it opened the door for all this to happen. Her excuse for the veto was because she received a letter telling her that her state employees would be subject to federal prosecution for issuing licenses to dispensaries if the bill went through. Well.... the one who suggested federal prosecution in the letter, was her long time friend, attorney Jenny Durkan. A legal analysis by a prominent University of Washington professor and attorney, Hugh Spitzer, wrote Governor Gregoire and told her, "The reality that a licensee maybe be breaking Federal law does not make the state employee issuing the license complicit in the licensee's federal crime", so there was no legally valid reason for her to veto the bill, and she knew it. They want ALL profit and control. If there is no home grows for patients, they can bust and confiscate and make massive money on that alone. They are hiring 1500 LCB officers to police the state. Go to 420leaks and you'll find SO much proof of the corruption and the planning to take medical down, through e-mails etc from the officials. There's even proof of them working with a felon that stated he shouldn't get busted for his over the limit grow because he had been promised to get licensed to grow for the state by two LCB officials that took him out to lunch at their third meeting (after visiting his grow), he even whipped out their business cards for proof. A LCB officer in Pasco was the one who e-mailed a superior about the situation not being right. Wow, an LCB law enforcement officer with morals! And in the end, the gentlemen and multiple felon, never got in trouble what so ever for being over the limit.... I could go on and on. We need to unite and bombard them with e-mails and phone calls to fight for our patient rights... in a respectful and concise way of course. Go to the LCB web site and give them your opinion or call 800-562-6000, the legislature hotline and tell them to leave medical marijuana alone... again, in a respectful way. If everyone did this, we may have a chance. So many still don't even know whats going on! Thanks for reading this all the way through!!!

Peace,
The Majestrals

Had nothing else to do read the boards recommendations and found nothing on medical use or production. Did notice , as per WAC314-55-147, retailers may sell marijuana products between the hours of 8 AM and 12 AM, best get up early.

The changes are under review right now and the LCC is taking public comment until Nov

Here is a a few things they are proposing to change:
1. Can not have any live plants ~ by eleminating "home grows" which will raise the price for all of us by at least 75% All in the new required excise taxes on sales
2. Only allowed 3 oz a week no more than this allowed at one site at anytime no matter the number of licenses
3. Caregiver/patients no longer allowed (one or the other but no double dipping)
4. Repeal of RCW69.51A.045 which provides affimative defense to criminal charges of possion above the legal amount
5. Additional limits on infused products
6. NO Collective gardens only can but at retail outlets

If these new laws are passed Washington State will be taking on giant step backwards for all of their medical group ~ speak out now before it is too late, let the commitee know we don't need such radical changes. Read the current draft 3ESSB 5034 Sec 114(2) before it is too late
By mail:
Rules Coordinator
Liquor Control Board
P.O. Box 43080
Olympia, WA 98504-3080

By e-mail: rules@liq.wa.gov

By fax: 360-664-9689

Isn’t it funny in a very sad way that the state officials have turned this into a money matter instead of one about the quality of life? Much like the story I use and need products that are higher in CBD and CBN and you can bet that state retail stores will not cater to those of us that have special needs.
Also I am a bit confused also since when I took prescribed drugs (that didn’t work and was wrecking my liver) I NEVER paid "exercise tax" so why is it part of the medical distribution now?? ~ other than the greed of the state ~ is overriding a passed law.
Please everyone write and voice your disapproval for this proposed crappy law.

Amen !! Yes it is time to do our civic duty and speak our minds...Politely...I have really enjoyed my legal ,little garden and will be very sad to see it go (haha yea right...)I would have to do it like civil disobedience I guess. But back to the fact...We need to voice our options ASAP and stop this reversal......United we stand !! Red Oh has anyone heard how much this new stuff will cost ? With a 75% tax (Right?) is this even going to work? what at $25 a gram??? This should be good ...

Amen !! Yes it is time to do our civic duty and speak our minds...Politely...I have really enjoyed my legal ,little garden and will be very sad to see it go (haha yea right...)I would have to do it like civil disobedience I guess. But back to the fact...We need to voice our options ASAP and stop this reversal......United we stand !! Red Oh has anyone heard how much this new stuff will cost ? With a 75% tax (Right?) is this even going to work? what at $25 a gram??? This should be good ...

There are e-mails from LCB members etc. planning to get rid of medical and how they will try to make it look like they were "invited in" by the Dept of Health to give their input, when it was the LCB wanting to make all the rules and take over MMJ all along. One legal document that was uncovered from them had a hand written comment that said "dazzle them with bullshit"!! Very greedy and self serving individuals to say the least.

:Namaste:

How sad it is..Just when things were lookin good for a change.well at least for MMJ... We must keep "sounding the horn !" till they get the idea that big $$ is getting out of hand....I almost have to laugh at that last line... Big $ is ALWAYS out of hand...anyway has anyone heard of the price of this new legal weed? I have looked and haven't found any prices.....have you?? Hang on ...We will get through this.....Red

How sad it is..Just when things were lookin good for a change.well at least for MMJ... We must keep "sounding the horn !" till they get the idea that big $$ is getting out of hand....I almost have to laugh at that last line... Big $ is ALWAYS out of hand...anyway has anyone heard of the price of this new legal weed? I have looked and haven't found any prices.....have you?? Hang on ...We will get through this.....Red

Hey Stoned Redneck, theres a two page document that was revealed by a public records request to the Department of Revenue. Profits over patients…

I believe on the second page, there's a chart that shows what it is now and what they will do to it! THAT'S why they want to get rid of us. They would loose money from us patients if we continued to grow our own. They just don't realize that we won't buy from them, we'll either go to the black market, or move...........

I did go to 420 leaks but the pages you described were fuzzy lookin and I had a hard time reading it all. I will take a 2nd look though..i called my legislater and told them that Washington State Liquor Control Board has no business dealing with MMJ..and there advice should be disregarded....I hope there is enough people with wealth and influence to stop this....Thats what will save what we have... Red Ps i just read alot of 420 leaks and I no know !!! I retired from the state of Washington after 30 years. Most of the "higher ups" I knew in Olympia live by the cred "its not what you know ,Its who you know".and its so true.And when you don't know how to do any givin thing but you are in charge ....... "They"can screw up the best plans !! God help us through this mess...

OK, I live in OR, but this effects my sons and their families big time. The only writing campaign that would work is for enough registered voters to pass a constitutional amendment to sign petitions for the next election, requiring that medical marijuana laws remain the same as those originally passed by voters, and subject to change only through the initiative process. These petitions would be accompanied by another petition stating that every signer pledges to vote out any elected official whose direct actions, or the actions of anyone they can appoint and fire, result in Liquor control having jurisdiction over medical marijuana.

OK, I live in OR, but this effects my sons and their families big time. The only writing campaign that would work is for enough registered voters to pass a constitutional amendment to sign petitions for the next election, requiring that medical marijuana laws remain the same as those originally passed by voters, and subject to change only through the initiative process. These petitions would be accompanied by another petition stating that every signer pledges to vote out any elected official whose direct actions, or the actions of anyone they can appoint and fire, result in Liquor control having jurisdiction over medical marijuana.

There will be sooo many patients et al, that will be on fire if they take medical away from us. You can bet there will be that type of action, but it will take a long time to get it back. In the mean time, we might be joining you in Oregon. We've been looking at property there already........ It still feels like home to us there. But we're not leaving without one hell of a fight! We only have a few months...... Hopefully your sons can join in on the "LOBBY" days they will be having in Olympia, to let the legislature know the patients are not happy....:Namaste:

The Maj's

I called the legislation hot line yesterday to again politely speak my mind. I told her that I didnt want to loose the right to grow my meds and MMJ and the Recreational weed should be 2 separate issues...I also asked if she was getting lost of calls about this..."Oh Yea" she said.... Lets hope they listen !!!

it is what you don't hear that will kill you. They have no intention of telling anyone anything until it is way too late to stop them.

I did go to 420 leaks but the pages you described were fuzzy lookin and I had a hard time reading it all. I will take a 2nd look though..i called my legislater and told them that Washington State Liquor Control Board has no business dealing with MMJ..and there advice should be disregarded....I hope there is enough people with wealth and influence to stop this....Thats what will save what we have... Red Ps i just read alot of 420 leaks and I no know !!! I retired from the state of Washington after 30 years. Most of the "higher ups" I knew in Olympia live by the cred "its not what you know ,Its who you know".and its so true.And when you don't know how to do any givin thing but you are in charge ....... "They"can screw up the best plans !! God help us through this mess...

I forgot to reply to you on this! Wanted to say that the prices they suggest are double what the medical community get for donation..........

So anyone hear anything ??

They have announced a public hearing on Nov. 13 in Lacy near Olympia. Here's the info if you don't know already. We need EVERY MMJ patient there to give support!

OLYMPIA — The Washington State Liquor Control Board (Board) announced today that it will hold a public hearing on Nov. 13, 2013, to hear public testimony regarding recent draft medical marijuana recommendations.
Hearing Details
Date: Nov. 13, 2013
Time: 6:00 — 9:00 p.m.
Location: Worthington Center - Saint Martin's University (5300 Pacific Ave. Lacey, WA 98503)

The Maj's

Back
Top Bottom