Medical MJ and Probation?

Alex420

Yo,

This question's for you medical experts living in the states..

I am currently serving a 12 month probation sentence in the state of North Carolina that includes montly urine testing for marijuana among other drugs. I was wondering when I move to California in 3 months, if I were to be granted a medical marijuana script and all, would I legally be allowed to test positive for marijuana but not the other drugs? As in, would the med license override the probation sentence? I can only hope...

As for getting the script, do you guys think I would be able to receive one? I have been diagnosed with 3 main ailments all in the past 5 years by different doctors:

- Insomnia
- Depression
- Sculiosis

I find that MJ definately helps the insomnia, I am no longer depressed (a direct side effect of the insomnia) since I've started smoking it, and the sculiosis is minor and doesnt produce any pain but my doctors don't know that.

Will it override the probation?
-No.
Will you be able to get reccommended for medical marijuana here in Cali? (with those ailments listed)
-Yes, as long as you have proof, or find the right doc.

So how exactly do I go about 'proving' I have insomnia? I mean, I seriously have these illnesses -- I'm not planning on making all this up just to get legal herb. Sculiosis shouldn't be too hard, a previous doctor told me my spine was slightly curved unnaturally at the bottom. But that may not be enough as it doesn't cause much pain. Hell -- do I just go up to one of these doctors after I havn't slept for 48-56 hours and show him my bloodshot eyes as proof? I don't think that'd work too well for a person who's trying to be prescribed pot, lol

By proof I mean a written document from a doctor saying you suffer from 'such and such' illnesses. However, some places here in cali (most notably San Francisco area) it can be very easy to get a medical marijuana referral. I didn't have to show any proof of anything, just based off my words (told them it helped me sleep, deal with mood disorder, and for back pain) and I was reccommended for marijuana, received my card and growers license about 10mins later, and about 5 mins after that I was buying weed from the clubs.

Sweet. Thanks for your help, man

No problem, anytime. :peace:

Alex, not that I hope you see the inside of a cell or anything, but I have read about STATE inmates who are allowed to smoke marijuana for medcal reasons, although it may ( or may not) be up the the warden who runs the prison, im not sure.
-PM

That's absolutely fuckin insane -- they are really allowed to smoke inside their prison cells? Wow that would have made life a whole lot easier when I was in for a week after my felony possession...

I knew a guy who used to (back in the late 70's) slip weed in through the small windows in the prison to friends of his, in the hopes that if one day he was arrested, the inmates wouldnt be so pissed. He would say "hey man, I've been hookin y'all up for the past 3 years!

Back
Top Bottom