Meet state legislators in Hilo May 4

RoguePoet

Dear Friends & Neighbors,

With the close of the 2010 Legislature, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to a post-session community meeting on Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at UH-Hilo in University Classroom Building (UCB) 127 at 6:00 p.m.

Senator Russell Kokubun and Representatives Jerry Chang, Clifton Tsuji, Faye Hanohano and I will provide a brief summary of the 2010 legislative session. You will then have an opportunity to share your concerns and provide input to us during a question & answer period.

We will also provide updates on Hilo area infrastructure projects including the new pier and related improvements at Hilo Harbor, Hilo airport, new additions to UH-Hilo and the Hilo High School Gym, and others. We will cover these state projects intended to cushion the current economic downturn by keeping people working while setting the stage for future economic activity and growth.

We face numerous challenges during these difficult economic times, and therefore I encourage you to attend to help us, as public officials, strive towards a better future by working together.

With warmest Aloha,

Melvin Jadulang on behalf of Senator Dwight Y. Takamine

Melvin Jadulang

Legislative Assistant

Office of Senator Dwight Takamine

Phone: 808-586-7335 or toll free 974-4000 ext. 67335

Fax: 808-586-7339

Let's have a great turn out...we can ask our elected officials why things didn't go better in the legislature (in the House in particular) this year...all three bills related to marijuana passed the Senate with flying colors, yet all died in the House.

We have more medical marijuana patients in the state than any other island. In Nov 2008, more than 35,000 voters passed the Lowest Law Enforcement Priority of Cannabis Ordinance. We have the most progressive population, yet our elected officials don't seem to reflect our views in the State Capitol.

Let's make sure they know how we feel....

Back
Top Bottom