Memory Loss

Autumn

My husband smoked marijuana for 38 years, stopping in 2006 at the age of 56. He is now 62 and is having memory issues and (from what I have read) not related to Alzheimer's.

The lastest incident involved two checks he wrote to me and after a discussion we decided to use the money elsewhere. Two days later he asked me what I did with the checks. I stated he never gave the checks to me, only talked about what to do instead. He told me I had misplaced the checks and hoped I didn't "lose them" outside of house.

A week later he finds the checks on his entertainment center and shows them to me stating "why didn't you tell me you found them" I stated I never touched the checks.

This is happening more and more. He loses everything in the house, stating someone had to move it. Forget about driving. He will forget to make a turn on a street we drive on and have for 20 years!

Is there any scientific evidence that long term pot smoking causes early dementia?

Seems to me that every scientific study to prove marijuana was harmful in some way the results have proven the opposite. I recall the results of a study into marijuana causing brain cell damage ended up suggested it actually helped to protect brain cells, Dr Susan Sorensen of the Altzheimers Society is prescribing some synthesized version of marijuana for slowing memory loss. Id suggest if in fact your husband is suffering some memory loss the marijuana has slowed it over the years rather than be the cause. If there was scientific evidence to prove Marijuana kills or harms brain cells this government would have published and publicized the fact to support its ongoing, ineffective War on drugs.

Back
Top Bottom