Met a farmer today

aninooo

Hi all,

So I met a farmer today on my job. He showed me around his farm and gave me a BIG bag of bud to take home.

He is one of the first 50 farmers to get licensed in NY state, and we talked for a while about the licensing in NY and how it works.

He said he wasn't sure about when the next round of licenses will be given out, but what he has decided is to basically loan out his license to the processors he was selling to. $1Mill/year for the loan. And they get to grow on his farm, while he just chills out. What a life.

Anyway, the weed in the bag he gave me is far from the cleanest weed I've come across. He said he gets to grow around 6,000 plants at a time so I'm sure its hard to grow it "clean". It definitely had pests in it and it looks like spider mites at least but the weed also looks brown and moldy. I don't think Ill be smoking this. But my questions is, how does he get to sell this stuff to processors with it being in such bad shape?

Do these "processors" even care, since they're probably just going for the extract? I was just curious because it seems like there is no regulations at this point and where does this weed really end up?

If anyone knows how this works I'm curious to know. I'm thinking about getting licensed as well at some point. The cost is $40,000 for the license alone.

Here's some pics...

20231027_124147.jpg

20240219_161058.jpg

20231027_124205.jpg

20231027_124659.jpg

I have met a farmer who up in Michigan near Flint/Saginaw had a 40-acre field of MJ. I was not allowed to view or even know where it was specifically. All legal.
The guy I met was not shy about his operation. He was excited to show me and I loved it. Gave me quite a few tips and some small equipment he didn't need

Back
Top Bottom