MH for flower lights?

Auggie

I was watching "Pot Barons" on TV last nite. (Ever watch that show? It is almost as good as 'Moonshiners'.) There was an owner being interviewed. He owned and operated a HUGE legal indoor grow in a warehouse. As you can imagine, it was a wondrous place.

Any way, I'm sitting there, zoned (of course, how ELSE would you watch 'Pot Barons'?) and the guy says "Yes, we use metal halide lights ALL the time. I don't use the red lights (he was talking about HPS) for anything, even flower." The interviewer asked why and he said "The red lights make for stretching, and lots of room between the nodes. My cola's are shorter but they are FAT. Look." He picked up a 14" cola (shorter?) that had the girth of a horse's cock and said, "I like my cola's to fill in - no space between flowers. More weight and less popcorn nuggets." And looking at the SCROG he picked it from - it was just an average cola.

Then the camera went off to a different subject. I'm all "what? What did he say?" My question woke my wife up who was sleeping in her LazyBoy - she's cranky when she gets woke up. "Don't know what the hell yer talking about ..." I rolled it back and played it a couple of times. That's what he said.

It's the new episode that just aired last nite. If you get CNBC look for the re-run. But, that was all the detail he gave.

Anybody heard of that? Just using MH all the way through ...

~ Auggie ~

I use a 1,000 watt hps and a 600 watt mh lamp. Both are on my cheese head plant that's over 3.5' wide and 18" tall at 4 weeks of flowering. I like to hog tie the shit out of my plants and keep them really low and even. I honestly think the addition of the mh lamp gives the plants thicker more resinous buds. The 2 together cover the majority of the light spectrum the plants like. During the last week after flushing, they'll go into hps light only and nights in my cold room where temps are in the mid to high 50's and humidity is 15-20% all the time.

Back
Top Bottom