MI: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owner Weighs In On Moratorium

Robert Celt

Regulation versus de-regulation.

The discussion over medical marijuana dispensaries continue in Lansing, all while the first ever CannQuest Conference and Expo draws in thousands to the Capital city.

And this all has happened days before the Lansing City Council is expected to consider a moratorium on dispensaries in the area.

6 News spoke with one local dispensary owner who you think would be against it, but he's actually for it.

"I, I personally see it help and touch thousands of people's lives," said Greg Mock; "The Green Room" Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owner.

For four years, Greg Mock has run "The Green Room," a medical marijuana business in Lansing.

"I'm a true believer in it or I wouldn't be doing it," said Mock.

Every day, he and his staff provide medical marijuana patients their medicine.

"People that talk bad about it need to...do some more research," Mock stated.

But since Michigan raised awareness on medical marijuana laws, the city of Lansing decided to crack down because with the number of shops Mayor Virgil Bernero thinks the situation is getting out of hand.

"I support medical marijuana and I think there needs to be a safe, legal way to get it. It makes no sense to pass a law to say you can have medical marijuana but don't provide any fair safe legal distribution system," said Bernero on April 18, 2016.

Mock agrees.

As a medical marijuana business owner, he says he feels medical marijuana should be regulated.

"I understand that something definitely needs to be done and frankly I'm surprised that it's taken this long," Mock stated.

Lansing City Council have a special public hearing on Monday, May 12th at 5:00 p.m. where they're expected to vote on the moratorium.

If the City Council approves this proposal, it would put a stop to all dispensaries and medical marijuana establishments.

It would also require all existing dispensaries and new ones to get new licenses by a certain date which will be set by the city.

Dispensary1.jpeg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: MI: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owner Weighs In On Moratorium
Author: Alysia Burgio
Photo Credit: Haven Daley

Back
Top Bottom