miracle grow-perlite?

BigSmoker1275

Who has used mircale grow-prelite. It seems a good price I belive. But not sure if it is good to use that brand with the whole mg is bad for our plants.

I believe they put nutes in their perlite as well. Plus, you don't get that big of a bag for the price. I got 3 huge bags of perlite shipped to my door from one of the big box home stores for 50 bucks, free shipping. I grow in only perlite, so i use a lot of it.

Re: miracle grow-perlite ?

What is the better success rate / benefits from growing in just perlite only ?

Pest free, sterile and inert, so you never have to worry about salt buildup, the only nutes in it are what you put in, you get hydro growth without using as much water, you can clean and reuse perlite, and in a hempy is impossible to over water, which is big for rookie growers

Impossible to over water.... Does the perlite not hold much water?

Could I put a small layer of perlite over my soil? Or would that stop the soil from breathing ?

You can put it on soil, but don't know if it'll give much benefit in the way of pests, cause they'll still dig into soil. With a hempy, it's impossible to over water cause the perlite has lots of air gaps in it, and the res is only 2 inches deep, so you're basically growing hydro, but it's passive hand fed hydro. Drain to waste so to speak. Hempy is the simplest way to grow

To help control feeding.... Instead of me pouring water on the soil spreads away it could just spread the water out evenly around the soil.

My next grow might just straight perlite.... Sounds like a good idea. What kind of problems does it come with?

You'll want something to catch all the runoff water when you water, other than that i haven't had any problems. I've grown about 20 plants in all perlite. You'll see green algae in there sometimes, but it don't hurt anything. I would say when you order perlite for next grow, get a bag of mykos also. It's beneficial bacteria, and it helps with growth a lot. You can swing by any of my journals or the playground, we have a lot of good people there to help with everything. I don't think I'll ever switch from growing hempy style

Back
Top Bottom