Mite like symptoms with no mites!

Herbshuttles

Background:
I'm growing two purple kush plants in GH coco coir and perlite in 5 gallon smart pots (each) inside of a grow tent. Plants are 5 weeks and 3 days old (38 days from seed). One plant is problemed the other is healthy and beautiful. Humidity level around 40%, temp 70-78. Using two 300w viparspectra LED lights. pH of the water/nute feed is always 5.8-6.2 (however the runoff of the problemed plant is 5.6 while the healthy one is 6.0-6.2). I'm using GH nute line (flora series) drain to waste.

I noticed early on (about 2-3 weeks in) that one plant was faring slightly better than the other. A week later the difference between the two started becoming more apparant. The problemed plant started having deformed growth (one leaflet would be missing on one side) or sideways curving growth on a leaflet. Both symptoms are easily seen in the pictures I will provide. I also noticed a lighter color green on newer growth. Leaves looked slightly blistered and skinnier than the healthy plant. Flash forward to present and problems have gotten slightly worse/ stayed the same. Healthy plant is now very easily noticeably better and growing faster. After all my research I figured the problem could potentially be broad, russet or another type of mite that is invisible to the naked eye. I purchased two microscopes (one 15x and one 60x-100x). The 60x-100x is extremely difficult to use however when I got it working I found no mites or mite eggs in the many leaves I searched. The 15x is extremely easy to use and I also found no mites or mite eggs after extensive searching under leaves. I've been stressing over this and would really appreciate any help I can get! It's been a nightmare. Below, I'll attach many pics of the problemed plant in white light and one with my LED's on. I'll also attach a pic of the healthy plant in white light (very last pic). Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

When in doubt, do a good flush. PH seems okay. I have to Ph to 5.8. That’s my sweet spot. It almost looks like the one might be getting too much wind from a fan? Check that too. Good luck!

So i gave it a good flush. New growth looks slightly better but not by much. Older growth looks worse but not by much. Overall growth looks stunted. Hasn't grown much at all in the last few days since flushing. Other plant is doing great. I do have a fan blowing over the top but not necessarily directly at the plant so idk about wind burn but it's possible. Just didn't think wind burn would stun the growth this much

One other thing to check is your PPM. I learned with my coco I had to flush the snot out of it to get it from 400ppm to 50ppm. Thats just from the salts in the product. Then I had to let it dry out and re-wet with 5.8ph water. Then I could use it. After that I had no problems. Check both run off ph and run off ppms. This info will help diagnose it.

If its your fan, then one side will look damaged and the other side should look okay. Another way to rule that out.

All other metrics look cool, bro.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom