Mitral valve prolapse - will weed hurt me?

Optimus PrimeBud

Hello everyone. I have suffered from severe migraines since I was 10 years old, I have tried all the medications the doctors could find and not one has helped me. Not only that but the side effects from the migraine drugs were very serious and seemed to cause even more problems. I have recently tried using marijuana for my migraines and it worked!!

I didn't need some special pharmaceutical drug that barley worked. All I needed was a naturally growing plant that not only fix the migraine but also stopped the nausea and the dizziness.

Here is the problem, I have mitral valve prolapse and when I smoke or eat marijuana my heart races and I can feel it pounding in my chest. It scares me and makes me very very paranoid. I would feel much better if I had more information, mainly can weed hurt me because of my condition?

Does my heart racing from the weed put me in any risk at all, or am I just scaring myself for no reason. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

IDK about whether cannabis in general is going to make your condition worse.

But it sounds like you're consuming cannabis that has more sativa genetics in its makeup than you're comfortable with. Try something that's as close to pure indica as you can get. That won't have the raciness. If it doesn't alleviate your migraines, try something with just a little bit more sativa but still predominately indica. Hopefully, you have access to several different strains and will be able to find the one with the least amount of sativa that will still control your migraines.

First off,,, do you have a script ???? under a Dr care ???? Did you ask a Dr's opinion ??? I know that my wife has had that happen to her if she does more then 2-3 tokes,, she also suffers from the same condition,,, and she was told by a Dr in a NON MMJ State that use could benefit her opposed to Vicodin... pain management... but then again she never used for rec only for pain management..... and only with medical grade smokeage (Trainwreck, Super silver skunk etc...) not with street grade brown/green ... hope this helps ...

Thank you both for the info. I am mainly smoking because I can not find a dose thats just right with cooking I've tried but its always way to strong and overwhelms me. I do not have a script but I have always gotten medical grade marijuana, like white rhino, lemon skunk, and rocklock. all but the rocklock are hybrid strains of induce and saliva, and I'm not sure which strain works best. I have asked a doctors opinion and never got an honest opinion, most doctors by me oppose marijuana because of their own beliefs thats its a gateway drug or something bad like that...Yet they then prescribe me oxycodone? one of the hardest legal drugs there is....I just don't get it.

Also I always take small toke...it may sound dumb but the feeling marijuana gives me scares the hell out of me, I'm not sure if its just because I'm not use to it or what, but ti does cure my migraines.

Maybe this link will help.

Marijuana Heart Risk Unlikely to be Significant, Says Expert

There was a study done trying to prove that the increase in heart rate caused by smoking marijuana could lead to heart attack. The study was found to be inconclusive--in other words, they were unable to prove that.

But, by all means, you should speak with your physician if you have concerns. Meanwhile, keep as informed as you can regarding research. Doctors in general and particularly in non-MMJ states don't keep up with medical marijuana research. You need to educate them.

Back
Top Bottom