Scoliosis

BayAreaStoner

High guys! I suffer from Scoliosis, it's not too bad but as I get older it hurts alot more and I was wondering if anyone else had scoliosis and suffered from some of the same things I suffer from. Like Migraines, leg/ankle/knee pain, digestive problems and mood swings, and gallbladder problems. These problems have all effected my life and I was reading that Scoliosis can cause these problems, and I wanted to know if anyone else that has Scoliosis also has other side effects like I mentioned.. Thanks for your time and :thanks: for sharing! :rollit:

I saw your thread and no on had responded, not being familiar with it. I know what it is, curvature of the spine.

My life long best friend was diagnoised with it at age 10. At age 15, he walked like a drunk and at age 18, the diagnosis was changed to Friedreich's ataxia.

I'm sorry you got it. And I wish you good luck with it. I bet some strong Indica helps.

High guys! I suffer from Scoliosis, it's not too bad but as I get older it hurts alot more and I was wondering if anyone else had scoliosis and suffered from some of the same things I suffer from. Like Migraines, leg/ankle/knee pain, digestive problems and mood swings, and gallbladder problems. These problems have all effected my life and I was reading that Scoliosis can cause these problems, and I wanted to know if anyone else that has Scoliosis also has other side effects like I mentioned.. Thanks for your time and :thanks: for sharing! :rollit:
Hi BayArea,

I have slight curvature but I also have some disks problems, had surgery on my lower back, fusion, because of an herniated disk, still suffering, now the same thing is happening on my upper back and cervical area. Hate getting older, anyways, the spine being the basic support of our body and its function, any weakness in any part of it tends to create problem on other area of the back. In my case I have suffered from migraines, depression, stomach problems from all of the medication the doctor gives me, so pretty much the same symptoms as you and I also believe that those problems are in part due to the weaknesses of my spine. Depression and stomach problems are from the pain I think. When I am in a lot of pain I tense and stress = stomach aches, I feel fatigue a lot also, and after a while it gets to your mind, hence the depression.
In your post you didn't mention if you took MMJ for medicinal purpose and if it helps. Do you and does it? With me it helps to function on a more normal level, meaning that it doesn't take the pain completely away, but I am a beginner medicine user, and I haven't found a strain that does that yet. When I medicate with MMJ I feel motivated to not stay in bed any longer than necessary even if in pain, I take better care of myself and the depression stays away until it's time for the next dosage. I tried not to medicate unnecessarily same as with pain pills cause after a while it is not as potent.
So dear, hang in there, and let me know if medicating with MMJ is helping and if you got some tips to help me feel free to send them I could use some new solutions.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Lower mid thoracic scoliosis (rare) and a compression fracture to the same area which 'allows' me to dislocate some of my left ribs from my spine.

I grew up in the Bible Belt where this stuff is of the devil. Didn't smoke till I was 25 and in LA. Thought I was going to Hell for sure! Then I started using it like a medicine to manage the pain from working out. I lost 50 pounds with a broken back. Couldn't have done it without cannabis. Down side is I can only live in states that support medical cannabis rights for all ailments... I grew up in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas. So much for moving back anytime soon.

As for the side effects your right on. I can't run very far at all. Jog maybe 3 miles on a good day. Hiking is more my speed. The dirt is more forgiving.

Just got to find a balance and do things at your own speed. Its like having an invisible handicap. I bet diabetics share similar frustrations.

I have scoliosis too... I was diagnosed in 8th grade by my chiropractor. It was funny, because a week before I had seen a doctor for a physical and he saw now signs. Thankfully I had insurance at the time and went to my faithful chiropractor 3 times a week for almost a year to keep my back "loose" and then continued 1 to 2 times a week after until I was 18. I have a small curvature in my back now that is unnoticeable to everyone except me. Most of the time I have no trouble with it except if I do any riding activity... Which really sucks because I lovee to ride 4 wheelers. I can't do it anymore. Surfing seems to be ok though (Love it). I suffer from RSS (restless leg syndrom). All of these symptoms are relieved somewhat through cannabis.

I really don't know how old you are, but if you are having a lot of pain, I would really try to find a chiropractor that you like. They are your best friend. All that stress and tightness on you bones is not good for the rest of your body. All of our nerves stem from our backs, so it is important to keep that area loose. If you need any extra help or just want to talk, please don't be afraid to pm me. Scoliosis is a horrible thing to live with. The only thing I like about it is that I can tell when a low pressure front is coming through, because every bone in my body aches. ;-)

Scoliosis is a horrible thing to live with. The only thing I like about it is that I can tell when a low pressure front is coming through, because every bone in my body aches. ;-)

Haha! Me too! My shoulders and neck lock up cause mine is higher up. That makes it hard to get out of bed. At least I get to lay there and enjoy the rain in the mornings!

Bay, you'll be alright. You gots family there with ya right?

you bet i had scoliosis in my neck, when i saw the xray i didnt believe what i saw. Had surgery for it but still have some symptoms.
my right arm hurt so bad that i thought that i was having a heart attack.

I was diagnosed with scoliosis in 7th grade when the middle school I was attending did scoliosis checks on everyone. My case is not very severe. Like Ms. Fox, there's only a slight curvature of my spine that is only noticeable when I point it out to people. My left shoulder blade sticks out slightly more than my right.

Both my mother and my aunt have scoliosis as well. My aunts case is a little more severe than mine. One of her shoulder blades sticks out noticeably more than the other. But my mom has it the worst and you can tell. I believe she's had back pain issues but nothing incapacitating which amazing considering the amount of curving she has. I myself have had knee, leg, back pains throughout my childhood into my adult years. I rarely get them now but they happen every so often. Up until now, I've never attributed my pains to my scoliosis but looking back on it now, I can see the likely connection. There have been mornings where I would get out of bed and be half way across the room before I could stand up straight, my back would be that sore. I felt like I was 90 years old those days. I've never been to a chiropractor but I used to crack my back and my neck daily. It would creep my mother out but it really helped me loosen up. Nowadays though I'm only able crack my back every couple weeks or so and my neck even less. But I'm okay with that because I don't feel like I need to as much anymore. I'm now thinking that on top of my other medical reasons for consuming Cannabis, this may be another issue that has been lessened by my usage of it. Amazing!

Anyway, that's my story. :blushsmile: I hope you're doing well, BayAreaStoner. Good luck with finding relief from your pain. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom