Mold looking spot on rockwool - Help!

Momo91

Hello All,

I’ve been an anonymous member of this forum for quite some time now and I really learned tons of valuable information from it. I grew a few plants in soil and got great results, but I wanted to try the ----------- with the drip system. I put together a few totes with 6 basket holes in each. I’ve had some problems with the water, I tried to install a water filter but ran into a few issues. So I thought for the first week, I’ll give my babies pH’d tap water. Today is the day I’m supposed to change the reservoir, but I was checking on my plants last night and couldn’t help but notice mold-looking spots on the rockwool. The spots are where the drip system hits the rockwool. My first guess was, this is just some salt precipitation, but im a little paranoid, you know how it is during the first few weeks of the grow :S

image_000021.jpg

image_000012.jpg

I could really use an expert help to identify what that is.

Also should I adjust pH between water changes, because I noticed it tends to get higher?

After intensive inspection, i think it's salts. I addeda filter to my water source hopefullyit makes it better.

Back
Top Bottom