Mold?

gaag1436

I have a powdery substance all over the wall, lights, fan and humidifier in my tent.. Is it mild? What can I do to get rid of it? If it is mold what can I do to prevent it from happening againThis is my first indoor grow.

Is the humidity that high in your grow space? What's your rh usually sitting at? Got any pics by chance? If it is mold, you can get rid of it depending how bad and where your plants are in growth. But if you don't fix humidity problem it will come right back

Humidity is about 47% when I check it daily. The tent is in a basement. I put the humidifier in the tent a few weeks ago because the humidity was sitting at about 29%. I took a picture of the powder on my finger. But I don't know how to load a picture on here. My plants are still very small. About 6 inches at best.

they make products to clean the mold off the plant. As for the basement I would wipe every surface down with bleach, and probably let the humidity go back down. The lower humidity means you'll have to water more but it's better than mold. Once you start flowering you'll want to make sure the mold is gone or you'll just end up throwing away all your bud.

Vicks Humidifier v4450. I opened it up and found it had a bunch of slimmy goop in it. I shut it down and removed it from the room. I will be removing everything tonight and cleaning the whole room. Is bleach water ok to clean the room with? Or is there something else I should be using that is better. Would it be ok to just clean and bleach the humidifier? My own stupidity. I never looked to see if it was clean when I started using it. It is one we had in the house and hadn't used it in over a year.

mold.675491

for emergency powdery mold control... mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a gallon of water that's PH'd to 6.0 and mist the plant real good
with a fan blowing to circulate the air around it. Baking Soda changes the DNA of mold, and if it's not too far gone. It will work. Just mist in the morning and not late afternoon , of course.... If it looks like it got into your soil, then you will want to do a hydrogen peroxide flush for it. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom