Montell Williams Comments On Passage Of Medical Marijuana Bill

Robert Celt

Montell Williams, talk show host, activist and long time advocate of legalization of medical marijuana issued a statement following passage of SB3 by the Pennsylvania House late Wednesday.

"Today, the Pennsylvania House at long last passed SB3, taking an important step toward making Pennsylvania the 24th State to authorize well regulated medical cannabis. I commend the House for rejecting a slew of poison pill amendments offered by Chairman Matt Baker — amendments with no basis in science or fact, and I'm humbled to have been able to travel to Harrisburg to help force an end to Chairman Baker's unconscionable war on sick and suffering Pennsylvanians using his Chairmanship as a weapon."

As I told each Member of the House yesterday, this is an important vote — it represented the choice between standing with 88% of Pennsylvania voters and sick and suffering Pennsylvanians and standing for the cynical backroom politics of Matt Baker and a few others."

MONTEL2image005I'm honored to have been able to participate in this process to stand up for Pennsylvania patients, many of whom I've come to know personally and none of whom ever imagined becoming activists on this issue. I also want to commend the leadership of Campaign for Compassion, comprised of mothers of sick children as well as the Marijuana Policy Project."

I believe we will all be judged, in the final analysis, what we did for the least among us. Most in the Legislature on both sides have passed that test on this measure, realizing it never should have become the political football Matt Baker and Speaker Turzai made it into and I thank them for standing on the side of compassion."

Williams has said that he uses medical cannabis for neuropathic pain related to multiple sclerosis Governor Wolf has promised to sign the bill into law.

montel-williams.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Montell Williams Comments On Passage Of Medical Marijuana Bill
Author: Howard Shepard
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom