More Obstacles For Illinois' Medical Cannabis Pilot Program

Robert Celt

Disappointing news for medical cannabis patients was announced Friday.

In September of 2015 Governor Bruce Rauner declined to add new medical conditions to the approved list.

Last Friday was more rejection.

The impact felt right here in Central Illinois.

Thomas Wolfe is a 25-year-old veteran from Pekin.

He did two tours in Afghanistan serving in the marine corp, before being medically discharged.

"I've been hit by three separate IED explosions. I was doing route clearance missions in Afghanistan in 2010. I was a turret gunner for a lead gun truck and been blown up three times," said Wolfe.

Wofle suffered a traumatic brain injury, and has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

"I take nine different pills probably twice a day. That's just killing my liver and my kidneys. A 25 year old shouldn't be taking that many pills. Nobody should be taking that many pills," said Wolfe.

On Monday Arc-View market research out of California predicted medical cannabis retail sales will reach about 15.6 million dollars this year.

It estimates sales at 23 million in 2017.

One CEO in the medical cannabis industry says these numbers seem low, considering how many people are applying for a patient card.

"There's only about four thousand approved but over forty thousand have started the process. But the process is so arduous that people give up. Difficult on the patients difficult on the industry. But we will overcome," said Tim McGraw, CEO of Revolution Enterprises.

McGraw is calling Rauner's rejection of PTSD and the seven other conditions a political move.
As for Wofle he says himself and other vets will keep fighting to get PTSD added to the list of medical conditions.

MMJ_RX.png

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: More Obstacles For Illinois' Medical Cannabis Pilot Program
Author: Jessica Cook
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom