more soil help

dixierks

i am in oklahoma having a hard time finding good soil that is not mg or scotts can someone recomend a good soil i can find at walmart or lowes to use or should i just make my own any good cheap recipies also what about some decent ferts in my area very hard to find something good in this area i am ready to start my 2nd grow help please hey ms.fox what do you buy from walmart

OK, if it was me, I would go ahead and order some Fox Farm Ocean Forest from one of the sponsors here. It is exppensive but IMHO it is well worth it.
The other option would be to find a good generitic potting soil, something without any time released nutes in it, then add worm castings, bone meal, blood meal, epson salts, perlite, dolamite lime, and if you can find it, Mycorrhizae.
The amounts will depend onhow much you need, but I will add at least 25% worm castings (I don't think that you can add too much), at least 10% perlite, 1 cup of bone meal, blood meal and lime for every 5 gallons. I don't add to mine, but alot of people will add vermiculite and/or peat moss. I don't recommend them because it takes nature hundreds of years to replace it. If you want to add something to retain water, try Coco Coir

if it was up to me id search for a good mix on this site, and if u cant find all the ingredients, then u should order some Fox Farms Ocean Forest off line, itll probably be ur best bet,
greetings carolina grow, its nice to see a near by grower, do u have a grow journal?

ok so i found some soil no time release nutes ingrediants say compost topsoil perlite what else should i add can anyone recomend a good fert that i can get locally have some good seeds germinating should be ready in cple days

i am i first time grower and everything was going perfect untill my plant outgrew the pot and i put it in a new one, when i was taking it out of the first pot i could not get deep enough to get the enitre roots out, i heard roots breaking(just like an acutaul weed when weeding) i continued to transplant it but i am concerned the the breaking of the roots will stop its growth. Any help is must appreciated thanks guys!

Pro-Mix BX Seed and Clone.

Basically peat and perlite with some lime added to combat the increasing acidity of the peat. Amend as needed. :peace:

ok so i found some soil no time release nutes ingrediants say compost topsoil perlite what else should i add can anyone recomend a good fert that i can get locally have some good seeds germinating should be ready in cple days

Again, if it was me I would order Fox Farm's 3 part - Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. follow the feeding chart on their web site and you will be pleased. It is simple and has easy to follow instructions so it is really hard to screw it up - just don't over water.

Several of the sponsors offer these as a 3 pack in the quart size which should be more than enough to get you all the way thru this grow. Just don't say that you can't afford it, we are talking less than fifty bucks and from what I hear, that won't even get you a quarter of crap weed (don't know since I haven't purchased any in over 7 years)
Oh, one last thing, read, read READ your ass off here because the more you know the more you grow

i am i first time grower and everything was going perfect untill my plant outgrew the pot and i put it in a new one, when i was taking it out of the first pot i could not get deep enough to get the enitre roots out, i heard roots breaking(just like an acutaul weed when weeding) i continued to transplant it but i am concerned the the breaking of the roots will stop its growth. Any help is must appreciated thanks guys!

Can't help you with these, the damage has already been done. The only option is to put the babies in intensive care and pray.

Next time you want to transplant, simply give them a good soaking prior to taking them out of the old container, this will cause the soil to cling to the roots and will let the root ball / soil just slide out of the old container

if it was up to me id search for a good mix on this site, and if u cant find all the ingredients, then u should order some Fox Farms Ocean Forest off line, itll probably be ur best bet,
greetings carolina grow, its nice to see a near by grower, do u have a grow journal?

hi westbud, I take it you're from my neck of the woods.
I have been meaning to start a grow journal but right now my camera is on the fritz and can't post any pics. Hopefully soon though

Hit it with a little superthrive if you can tell it's shocking drop light intensity for a few days it will be alright next time just cut bottom from container a put right on top of bigger pot with the amount of soil you need to finish. These girls havn't been around for thousands of years because their fragile Good Harvest to ya

SUPERthrive created by Dr. John Thompson 68 years ago is a plant vitamin with 50 vitamins and hormones. This is the OG of plant additives. Great for sexing to female seeds by a factor of 50. Great for stressed plants. Great for bigger fruits and overall harvest, and totally safe for man and beast. Probably find at at just about any hardware, or garden supply. 10 bucks for 4 oz, but 5 or 6 drops to the gallon. comes in a little brown bottle w/ green top S... works

arizonabudski, I would follow Dr. FrankenKush's advice, which he spells out what I meant when I said put the babies in intensive care. I love SuperThrive, I use it every time I transplant, I soak my seeds in it prior to germinating them - it's like holy water to me. You can actually watch a plant recover from stress when you use it, amazing stuff.
Dr. Frankenkush, I see that at least one other person besides me has read BOG's book. I hyave the upmost respect for him and his methods, too bad he is gone now

Back
Top Bottom