Mother plant 102

Tedmarx38

I had great luck with my first round of clones but now the mother plant died due to poor lighting. I know what went wrong and can fix that.

But, my question is, what’s the minimal pot size recommended for these (edit) mother plants? Also, I’m confused by what I’ve read as it seems at some point the roots outgrow the container and many sites recommend transplanting to a larger pot.

Screw that! With proper pruning and care in a three gallon fabric pot, can I expect the mother to live say one year and NOT need transplanting?

I had great luck with my first round of clones but now the mother plant died due to poor lighting. I know what went wrong and can fix that.

But, my question is, what’s the minimal pot size recommended for these? Also, I’m confused by what I’ve read as it seems at some point the roots outgrow the container and many sites recommend transplanting to a larger pot.

Screw that! With proper pruning and care in a three gallon fabric pot, can I expect the mother to live say one year and NOT need transplanting?
Are you asking pot size for the mom?
I keep mine in 5 gal air pots.
You could get by with a 3 gal bag , if you needed.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yes for the mom. Thanks!
There are also specific nutrients available for mother plants. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Screenshot_20240327-123552_Google.jpg

Several brands make mother plant specific nutrients.

I always thought you needed to trim roots to keep a mother in just one pot, is that not true?
Some pots yes.
Eventually everything gets root bound, " Eventually "
I had a couple for years in air pots.
No problems.
Until the fire. :rolleyes:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I’ve heard this term before but what’s meant by trimming roots and would a person do this?
In a plastic pot or an older pot roots can wrap around the pot causing issues.
People used to take a knife a make a few vertical slices in the root ball.
It's not common anymore but I'm sure there's People who do it.
I'll see if I can find a tutorial for you.

Check that link for a different waty to do it.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom