My 300w 140 true watt LED grow light is making a grinding sound - What should I do?

popolino77

my 3 month old galaxyhydro 300w 140 true watt led grow light is making a grinding noise. the grinding noise. it is very noticeable for the first 20 minutes after the light turns on then the noise fades away and then you can barely notice it . should I be concerned ? and is my led light any less powerful when it is making the grinding sound ?

Re: my 300w 140 true watt led grow light is making a grinding sound, what should i do

my 3 month old galaxyhydro 300w 140 true watt led grow light is making a grinding noise. the grinding noise. it is very noticeable for the first 20 minutes after the light turns on then the noise fades away and then you can barely notice it . should I be concerned ? and is my led light any less powerful when it is making the grinding sound ?

your light has a failing cooling fan. If you don't fix it soon, it can die and your LEDs will cook, losing their lumens and then become worthless.

Goodluck

Vlad:bongrip:

Re: my 300w 140 true watt led grow light is making a grinding sound, what should i do

your light has a failing cooling fan. If you don't fix it soon, it can die and your LEDs will cook, losing their lumens and then become worthless.

Goodluck

Vlad:bongrip:

I have the galaxyhydro 300 that has 3 fans a lot of other 300w led lights only have 2 fans. do you think if just 1 of my 3 fans die my led light will die to ? I'm going to contact galaxyhydro and let the know what's going on they supposedly have a good warranty department

Open the case and do a visual inspection. The fans are less than $10 to replace, it's just a computer fan.

Back
Top Bottom