My first grow: Big Bud, Durban Poison and some freebies

Aratilis

Hello everyone! This is going to be my first attempt to grow my own stash. After doing some research in google I found this site and been visiting anonymously for a couple of months already. Grow journals here and all those pictures in the gallery inspired me and decided to register and give a shot at growing my own shit! even if the odds was againts me.

See, the thing is though I live in the Philippines and its hot in this humid tropical islands so right temp for the plants is going to be a challenge with all those lights and all that give too much heat! sad to say even if i could afford an air conditioning unit for my little humble so called grow room i couldnt pay for the electric bill. Im only using a 400 watt MH/HPS and a few fans and thats about it, Im very much concern with my lighting bill because as I had figured out electricity here cost 3x as much or even more as in the US. My family lives in LA so I pretty much know this as a fact.

Grow supply is bad also, selection is terrible if there's any so I have to make do with whats available here. I got non of those Fox Farm stuff, I even had a hard time looking for perlite a few weeks ago...

A grow support will be greatly appreciated!:)

Il be posting some photos soon when my seeds germinate, I soaked them in water a few hours ago.

wish me luck and thanks people a puff for you all :bongrip:

Hello guys! I planted my seeds last dec 2, 2008 its been 4 days or so and this is what i have so far
php2ZdX71AM.jpg

I just water them once a day with purified drinking water with a PH of 7.
my lights are still off, I havent turned on my floros since only 4 out of 14 seeds have spouted all of them Durban Poison, the big buds havnt germinated yet.

Im trying to germinate some free seeds as well but no sprouts so far.

how am i doing? should i turn my light on?

:rollit:

details:
What strain is it? big bud, durban poison and some freebies
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? both mix i dont know the percentage
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg/seedling
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 1/3 seedling mix 1/3 perlite 1/3 vermiculite
If soil... What size pot? small 5 inch cups
Size of light? at the moment 2 40- watt floros and 400 watt MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? 400 watts air cooled
Temp of Room/cab? 87 deg
RH of Room/cab? 67 percent
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? none.
How often are you watering? once a day
Type and strength of ferts used? plain water at the moment

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

its been almost a week since my seeds germinated (dec 2), I turned the lights yesterday and put a small fan. Here they are as of the moment:

DSC_5789.JPG

they seem to be stretching.
just want to know when do i give fertilizers? and when do i transplant them into bigger pots? and what size?

should I also lower my florescent? right now they're under 2 40 watt florescent, I have a 400 watt MH on another area. should I put them under stronger lights?

I know I have too many questions, I'm sorry I been reading "how to grow" and the FAQ section though but a first hand comments is still better if those doesnt suffice, just a bit of help from a fellow stoner, anyone ? :)

thanks in advance :peace: :bong:

Those are way stretched out to transplant, yeah get the lights closer. But get the small ones bigger and more stabilized before attempting to transplant. at least 2 weeks more.
They are fragile at this very early stage.

I already transplanted them this morning is that bad? I manage to move them though with ease, the grow media is intact and I bury a bit of the stem in the soil.

Here they under my 400 watt MH all six Durban Poison ( germinated dec 2 2008 )

DSC_5790.JPG

The freebies, they somewhat spouted later than the durban poisons. They're under my 2 40 watt florescent.

DSC_5792.JPG

and here's the big buds, not one have spouted, :(

DSC_5793.JPG

My growoom is hitting 90.5 degress 45 percent humidity, does this means that my plants will die or stop growing? :(

are there any alternative to air conditioning?, electric bill here is the 3rd most expensive in the world!

can you just let some fresh air into the room regularly? this will help the temps. I wish i had your problems, my grow room is getting into the low 60's to 50's. Best of luck with the grow, get some pictures up so we can help you!

I have read some stuff about durban poison and big bud that it can tolerate about 95 deg i dont know if its true though. BUt anyhow... Im still finding some ways to lower my grow room temp. What im doing now is reverse the light cycle so lights ON if its night time and the four hour light rest during the hottest hours in the afternoon. It helps a bit lower it by 2-3 degrees. A/C is my last resort :(

I will post some pics tonight, my 400 watt MH seems to have a problem it wont turn ON, maybe its the wiring because i put the ballast outside the grow room to lessen the temp inside. I dont know, I still have to figure that out

and my 4 big bud seeds didnt germinate

it though this growing thing, but im not loosing hope.

DAY 10:
I had a couple of problems with my setup, my light got busted yesterday i dont know why, got a new lamp and all is well for now.

Its still a bit hot in my grow room even though I got a new exhaust fan with a higher CFM. Im still hitting high to mid 80s.

DSC_5806.JPG

I started giving them nutes, half strength of the indicated amount, and its pretty much OK the way i see it. How am i doing?

Here's some photos: ;)

DSC_5804.JPG

DSC_5809.JPG

DSC_5803.JPG

DSC_58011.JPG

Very clean set up. i like it.

water drippings from the soil reads 8.5 PH level, so that means my soil has a high PH right? how do i lower this? I water them with aerated tap water, half strength nutes adjusted to PH of 6.

Thanks in advance :peace:

You should not be giving nutes yet in my opinion. The plant is very fragile at this stage of its life.

I didnt add lime or anything just perlite, peat moss and vermiculite. my water reads 7.5 before but now i add vinegar to lower it down so now im watering them with a ph of 6

When should i start givng nutes? they're 2 weeks old now

thanks!

Day 15: :cool:
here they are: i added some 60 watt CFL with the 400 watt MH. temp doesnt seem to be the problem yet.

I still dont know which ones are females, I was planning to do an early 12/12 light cycle like the ones I saw in some other Journal. What do you guys think about that? :smokin: I just dont want to waste so much effort and electricity to a male plant.

feeding wise, for a two week old plant should i just only give water? no nutes? cause I fed them with growth fertilizer, half strength and they seem fine. well i dont know really...can you guys take a look ;)

DSC_5820.JPG

DSC_5818.JPG

DSC_5816.JPG

DSC_5815.JPG

DSC_5814.JPG

DSC_5812.JPG

DSC_5811.JPG

thanks for checking out this journal :peace::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom