My First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

Re: My First Grow! Indoor-Soil-CFL-Bagseed

Here is the Bio-Bizz nutrient feed chart

biobizz_grow_chart1.jpg

WOOOO, your running hotttt!!!!!!!! 88 is a little warm! Get a fan to draw air in from either outside or maybe a basement.

Hey Cannabis1 I'm glad you stopped by my journal :)
Yeah 88 is warm but I'm in control of the temps right now it's stable, minimum shows 82F and max is 88F in a 14h time period, much better than the 90's I encountered until now.

The tent is in a room in the 2nd floor, can't draw air from outside and also can't exhaust outside other than to the room or hallway when the room door is open for fresh air(at least once a day for a few hours)

Re: My first grow! Indoor/Soil/CFL/Bagseed

I do not agree with a nitrogen deficiency. I believe that when your pH is controlled your plants leaves should become a deeper green. I use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients and use nutrients very time I water unless I am flushing, I believe you can use the Bio-Bizz nutrients every time you water your plants unless you are flushing. You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. You will also need to use a calcium and magnesium supplement for the higher demand that LED lights require.

Hey KJC thanks for sticking by my journal, I need all the help you guys can provide, really appreciate it.
So now I'm making sure my water pH is 6.5 after adding nutrients, sometimes it's around 6.3.

How do i supplement with cal/mag? Is it added to the feeding solution?
I guess I need to go for a visit at the hydro store this weekend and get some cal/mag.

Thanks for the Bio-Bizz chart :) I got a similar one when I bought the try pack.

High ya 84 , girls look good in that tent. :goodjob:
Your question on feeding with every watering, I only feed every other watering as the plants need plain water as much as they need to be fed. Keep up your good work! :peace:

Thx G-daddy for stopping by!

Thanks for the kind words and advice, I just watered 1 yesterday and 1 today, waiting for the last one to dry up in a few days and will water only, after that I'm gonna go back to feeding and hopefully supplement with cal-mag as KJC suggested.

I'm pretty sure that cal mag deficiency is pretty common, as by the charts it's a very fine line between their desired pH levels, need very accurate pH to make them available to be absorbed.

I do have a question about pH levels where I'm a bit confused.
I don't have a reliable way to measure my soil pH levels, or am I wrong?
What will I benefit from knowing the runoff pH levels? My water pH is around 6.3-6.5 - what should be my runoff levels then?

I do have a question about pH levels where I'm a bit confused.
I don't have a reliable way to measure my soil pH levels, or am I wrong?
What will I benefit from knowing the runoff pH levels? My water pH is around 6.3-6.5 - what should be my runoff levels then?

Measuring the runoff liquids pH level will tell you several things

1) the pH of your medium.

2) will show you if your pH is off, possibly from a nutrient buildup if the medium is below pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

3) by flushing the medium until a proper pH range can be re established.

Measuring the runoff liquids pH level will tell you several things

1) the pH of your medium.

2) will show you if your pH is off, possibly from a nutrient buildup if the medium is below pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

3) by flushing the medium until a proper pH range can be re established.

Alrighty thanks!

So after Watered plant #1 today with 6.5 pH'ed water i measured my runoff, said 7.3 (?) that was weird, the pH is calibrated properly.
Afterwards I gave it a feed of 2 ml/L (6.3 pH) as says the schedule.
Didn't measure the runoff again, will start measuring it more often!

This pH pen is really cheap and handy, much better than the drops thing as when mixed with nutes the color is vague and also it isn't accurate, always a guessing game.

So far the temps are back to 88F midday, and we again have a heat wave here so room door is open with a room oscillating fan working, and tent is open to help ventilate, temps then go down to around 82F after a few minutes.
RH is around 45-50% depending in time of day and if the doors are open.

Next time that I visit the store I'm going to buy another intake vent, maybe an inch bigger this time.
Any ideas on better venting?
I have a window behind the tent but it's facing the neighbors window so I can't open it, I was thinking on a vent connected to a tube, mounted on some kind of wooden board on the window to exhaust air out, something DIY, but I'm not much of a handy man in building things like that, can anyone direct me to an idea here on the forums? Didn't come by anything similar really.

Thanks and sorry for the long reply :thanks:

:Namaste:

Here is how I set up the ventilation for my Seed Cabinet. The air enters through the carbon filter then flows to the cooltube, the air exits the cooltube and exits the Seed Cabinet, the air comes from the Seed Cabinet then is pulled through an inline fan, the air exits the inline fan and flows out through a window that is blocked off with OSB board, the air exits through the blocked off window and flows through a vinyl window blind.

100_01632.JPG

100_01613.JPG

100_01623.JPG

100_01594.JPG

100_01536.JPG

100_01546.JPG

First of all thats some serious setup KJC, kudos on the clean job as always mate.

I'm pretty afraid from strong inline fans in aspects of noise, it will have to be something quiet on one side and strong enough on the other side. I've encountered some mufflers and things against vibrations of fans, will have to check those more closely also.

I will be needing a carbon filter (I hope) later on, so for a GrowLab80 which is 80/80/180 in dimensions I think its 2.5/2.5/5.5 in feets, how many cfm's will I be needing for this area size and what size of filter? sorry for all the questions.

Hey 84, nice looking grow man! From what I understand the microbes in the soil naturally buffer the ph. That may be why you're not seeing much change in the runoff? I'm pretty new to this so I'm trying to soak up as much as I can from all the experience here at 420.:thanks::420:

"You will also need to use a calcium and magnesium supplement for the higher demand that LED lights require."

Hey king john, I'm using general organics go box and growing in soil. I'm using an 140w led. My go box has the cal/mag. Do I need to increase the amount of cal/mag I feed her a little bit because of the led? Some of my leaves show some deficiencies. Not all, mostly older lower leaves. The ph on my runoff is 6.8 to 7.2 thanks for any help it's appreciated! :thanks:

"You will also need to use a calcium and magnesium supplement for the higher demand that LED lights require."

Hey king john, I'm using general organics go box and growing in soil. I'm using an 140w led. My go box has the cal/mag. Do I need to increase the amount of cal/mag I feed her a little bit because of the led? Some of my leaves show some deficiencies. Not all, mostly older lower leaves. The ph on my runoff is 6.8 to 7.2 thanks for any help it's appreciated! :thanks:

Your pH is too high and is locking out nutrients. If you are seeing signs of a calcium and magnesium deficiency on your plants I would attempt to first restore your medium to a proper pH range by flushing the medium with at least twice the volume as pot size of pH adjusted water or until a proper pH range is restored.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Hey King John thanks for that advice, I really appreciate it. :peace: in my soil medium is it ok to use vinegar to lower my water ph? When I feed with my General organics nutes it brings my water from a ph of 8 down to about 6.8. I feed every third watering so I could use the vinegar to lower my ph when I just use water.

Hey King John thanks for that advice, I really appreciate it. :peace: in my soil medium is it ok to use vinegar to lower my water ph? When I feed with my General organics nutes it brings my water from a ph of 8 down to about 6.8. I feed every third watering so I could use the vinegar to lower my ph when I just use water.

High there Free bud and thanks for joining my journal.

I would suggest not to use vinegar unless someone corrects me, pH down/up is more accurate.
I use General Hydroponics pH Down, my tap water are about as yours, 8 pH.
I put 0.25 ml per liter (use a syringe to measure accurately), and ofcourse let the water stand in an open container for at least 24 to 48 hours in order to let the Chlorine and other chemicals to evaporate.

Keep us posted and good luck to you, thanks again for stopping by and joining the conversation about pH and runoff, as we have the same problem and questions.

:thanks:

Your pH is too high and is locking out nutrients. If you are seeing signs of a calcium and magnesium deficiency on your plants I would attempt to first restore your medium to a proper pH range by flushing the medium with at least twice the volume as pot size of pH adjusted water or until a proper pH range is restored.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Thanks again KJC for helping, I guess I need to flush with 6.5 pH then, after I flush I let it dry for a few days and then feed, or should I just feed it with nutes right after flushing?

Yes it is alright to use vinegar or acetic acid to lower the pH of your nutrient solution. I use pH down to lower the pH of my nutrient mixture.

Thanks again KJC for helping, I guess I need to flush with 6.5 pH then, after I flush I let it dry for a few days and then feed, or should I just feed it with nutes right after flushing?

I would flush your plants and allow the pots to dry before feeding nutrients again.

Back
Top Bottom