My First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL - Bag Seed

Re: My First Grow! Indoor-Soil-CFL-Bagseed

don't stress. feed once with a full range fertilizer then relax.

Re: My First Grow! Indoor-Soil-CFL-Bagseed

Your leaf damage appears to be from a magnesium deficiency possibly from the pH imbalance or the recent flush period.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks KJC for all the links, pics and guidance ! :thanks:

After checking and checking again I finally can see imagination between the different pictures and explanation about Magnesium deficiency.
I now only have it on 3-4 leaves in total of 2 plants, and those are the ones showing full start of flowering, other plant (#1) doesn't show signs of deficiencies that I can tell at least.

Now how do I solve the problem or can I "ignore" it for now and see if it develops again?

I'll try get to the store this week and check on:
* Peat moss or anything else to lower the soil's pH, runoff is still at 7 last time I checked
* Ona gel
* Cal-mag supplement, not sure they have it hope they do
* More soil
* Pots in different sizes, plan on transplanting to bigger pots, going square pots this time

don't stress. feed once with a full range fertilizer then relax.

Thanks b.real for the king words :thanks:
Plant #2 one the girls suffering or suffered a Mag deficiency was fed flower week 2 nutrients, as the pot was light.

What do you mean by a full range fertilizer?
I use bio-Bizz nutes, bio-grow bio-bloom and top-max and according to their schedule

Ok, I'll try to get King John over here. He's great with identifying deficiencies.

Thanks BAR for helping mate !

:thumb:

High'ya there guys and gals

Finally drove to the store today

As I suspected they do not have cal-mag supplement !

And about adding peat moss he said my soil has peat moss already, and is supposed to be at 7 according to him
It's a "light-mix" equivalent Dutch recepie and their own amendments.
They do sale perlite and vermiculite bags - will it help to lower the soil's pH if needed, using one of those?
Wanted another bag but they are short on supply, in a few days they'll get more soil probably.

So I bought 3 air pots, 20L in size
and 4 small and tall square pots for growth before transplant (future grow), were really cheap so what the heck
I wanted to transplant them after day 21 of flower.

Also bought a 1L jar of Ona gel, will split it up in smaller jars. Anyone got a good recepie for a smell bucket or how it's called?
And also grabbed some better ducting for the extraction and intake air vents.

Also bought a 0.5L of biobizz bio-grow and 0.5 of alg-a-mic also by biobizz, it has no NPK whatsoever, he really recommended using it. We'll see.
Next time I might buy the leaf coating spray
Also bought another 5L water measurement container, to have more water ready as they will be feeding more often and larger amounts.
Oh and also grabbed a pack of 2 ratchets for hanging the lights, better than the simple chains I use now.

Plant #1 really worries me.
It's a beautiful girl (?) but I don't see her flowering for real, there are "bud sites" but no more than 2-3 white pistils

Plants 2 & 3 have really hairy bud sites full of white pistils, and soon they will join each other to beautiful colas I hope, matter of 1-2 weeks I think.

So what's the dealio with plant 1? The heavy defoliation stunted its flowering?

I might transplant plant 2 to one of the air pots, gotta see if I have enough soil left, might be enough for one, I hope maybe two.

I think that's it for now, will post photos next time of the new stuff and I hope also of some work done on the venting and re-hanging the lights

Ohhh, lots of goodies. ;)

Yeah man me likey goodies !

Transplanted plants 1 & 2 into the new air pots, had just enough soil for both, plant 3 still sits in its old pot until I get more soil from the shop
After transplanting I gave each about 2L of 6.5 pH water with 1 ml/L of alg-a-mic, the new supplement I bought.

Also took some Ona gel and put it in a little glass jar with some water, near the lung room fan, already smells nicer.

Hung my Reflector LED on the new rope ratchets, sow it's so easy to move them up and down.

Connected the ducting to the intake vent, will connect the new adapter and the ducting to the extract fan tomorrow.

That's all for now folks!

Sounds like everything is coming together. Good job 84! How is plant #1 doing?

Sounds like everything is coming together. Good job 84! How is plant #1 doing?

that bastard just don't want to fully start flowering !!!
both her sisters are now beautiful flowers and this one (my favorite before start of 12/12) is lagging behind
all i see is lots of tops, with max 2-4 white pistils on each

i have a hunch it might be related to the defoliation i had to do on first week of flower
i hope it wont hermie on me, i was counting on that big girl to give me nice amounts of good smoke
do i need to be bothered or let it cruise for another week and see how it goes? i tend to choose the latter and in a week see a big explosion of bud sites covered in pistils hehe

Here is a quick photo update
14 days from flipping to 12/12, 2nd week of flower
i think i count this as 2nd week of flower only for plants 2 & 3, the blooming lady's - and still 0 day of flower for plant 1 - am i right here ?
and i'm also very disappointed about the store not having cal-mag supplement, they won't have it in the near future but they asked for it as there is demand for it from customers, i really hope they will have it for my next grow at least!

o.k here are the photos

Plant 1

8 few hours after transplant and before watering (sorry for the shadow from the flash on the wall)
20140627_071129.jpg

look at the pistils, such a big plant and no flowers yet (sorry for the blur)
20140627_073049.jpg

Whole gang in the tent
Plant 3 on the left, plant 1 on the right, plant 2 in the back
20140627_072037.jpg

20140627_072119.jpg

20140627_072034.jpg

lights too close? didn't measure it
20140627_072048.jpg

Plant 2 tops, starting to look tasty
20140627_072100.jpg

20140627_072107.jpg

20140627_073010.jpg

20140627_073019.jpg

they look great. I wonder if each one of those branches is going to turn into a fat cola?

Yea, it looks like she is still lagging. It is prob from the defoliation. When I did mine, she took a while to recover. As long as there are no nanners hanging, dont worry. Let her be for a couple more days. If still no sign of flowers, then she might hermie on you, but if she does, use her to make yourself some seeds. The other 2 ladies look great.

Or, Im not to sure if it will work, but why dont you giver her a dose of some Awesome Blossoms. That should help push her along

I believe that perlite and vermiculite should be added to every good soil/soiless mixture. Perlite adds aeration and vermiculite adds water retention and acts as a catalyst between roots and nutrients. Perlite and vermiculite will not change the pH of your soil/ soiless mixture. I would still use peat moss to reduce the pH of your soil to an acceptable pH 6.5.

I believe that perlite and vermiculite should be added to every good soil/soiless mixture. Perlite adds aeration and vermiculite adds water retention and acts as a catalyst between roots and nutrients. Perlite and vermiculite will not change the pH of your soil/ soiless mixture. I would still use peat moss to reduce the pH of your soil to an acceptable pH 6.5.

My soil mixture already has perlite and vermiculite, i have no % of each, but the soil is very airy and never muddy.
Except for the soil pH I'm very happy with it so far.
Store doesn't have peat moss but they claim it has peat moss in it, im having trouble believing it though.
I could order it online but shipping costs are CRAZY at least on the big auction site.
By the way, i ordered a cal mag supplement online, but it will get here probably near the harvest time. Still good to have it for the next rounds!

Make sure you discontinue calcium and magnesium supplementation 2 weeks prior to harvest in order to give the plant time to use its nutrient stores during the flush period.

Alrighty KJC thank you very much for the support!
Now the fact that plant #1 is lagging behind on flowering seems like a good thing, I'll get the chance to use cal mag on it and see the results!

Quick update - Flower week 3

Buds of plants 2 & 3 showing good development, starting to join each other to nice buds
They also show progressed cal mag deficiency on some big fan leafs, I'll cut them down on day 21 for flower, when I finish the third week.
Should I cut those branches down? I think I have read on one of the journals that they act as a buffer for upper side of the plant against the deficiency.
Those 2-3 fan leafs on each plant look really bad, and half of the leaf is dry and when I touch it it crumbles.

Plant 1 showed some nice future bud sites on the inside branches from prior lst'ing and started to show signs of maybe start of flower development but nothing that I can really be glad about.

If that wasn't enough, I did some more LSTing on it try to open up the inside for better light penetration...
Welp LST isn't the right term for the action I did, because I stupidly didn't do it gentle enough and the main stem was split into 2 just below the area where I topped few weeks ago during veg when it was around 5-6 nodes high.

It's about a 1 cm damage along the main stem, I undid the "LST" quickly to not make things worst, and put a bandaid around the damage area with some gentle pressure to join them back together.
I know from the reading i do that this shit happens and it's supposed to heal back and might even be good for the plant as some people do it in purpose, but I guess they do that during veg..

I hope I didn't stress it too much as that girl was my favorite and now is the trouble girl in the family.

Now if all that wasn't enough, the environment is still trouble here for me, another heat wave came and my temps are 90-95 !!!
RH is between 43 and 65 depending on time of day.

I'll try to post pics later on today!

That's it for now folks

:thanks:

Dude I had a similar prob. Slop some clone X or rootech all over the break. It will help seal and heal it quicker

Back
Top Bottom